Houzz Logo Print
afsankhoshgeleh

what color paint goes with SW Aggreable grey?

Afsaneh Sedghi
hace 2 años

We just bought a new house. We painted the walls of the living room which has tall ceilings with SW Aggreable grey on the walls and BM kindle charcoal above and sides of fire place openings. The living room is open to the kitchen which has cherry cabinets and Brazilian cherry floors. I need help with picking a color for my kitchen. Any suggestion? Here some pics:

Comentarios (10)

• Jennifer Hogan
    hace 2 años

Have you considered continuing the agreeable gray throughout the space? Using the same color gives the space a feeling of harmony.

• Afsaneh Sedghi
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

That is what the painter suggested also.

• gigib_08
    hace 2 años

I agree with Jennifer. I would paint it agreeable gray.

• Ilove MyLife
    hace 2 años

Try Behr Sand Drift, but buy your paint at Sherwin-Williams. See it in person with a paint chip from Home Depot. Repeat, do not buy the Behr paint.

https://www.behr.com/pro/ColorDetailView/N310-1 

• PRO
    Claire Jefford, Inc.
    hace 2 años

Hey there. There are many great colours that would work with Agreeable Gray. Here is a blog post with colour palettes to share the undertone, the best whites for your trim/ceilings as well as inspiring colour combinations. I hope this helps! Agreeable Gray Paint Review here

• Jennifer Hogan
    hace 2 años

Claire is correct that there is no rule saying that you need to use just the one color and there are colors that work well with Agreeable Gray. The reason that I suggested using Agreeable Gray wasn't that there are not other choices, but because you have two spaces that are not currently speaking to one another. The only commonality between the two rooms is the cabinet color and countertop color. If you had the same flooring running throughout the space I may not feel as strongly about keeping the wall color the same, but you don't.

Using the same wall color and possibly using some of the Kindle Gray will make the two spaces feel like they belong in the same home. All too often I find that people have picked colors one room at a time and end up with something that feels disjointed.

I don't do color one room at a time - I always plan a whole home color palette and work from there. Usually I choose one neutral and might do a lighter and darker version of the neutral, and then add color to my neutral spaces and use those same colors as wall color in an adjoining bedroom or bathroom.

Here are a couple of homes that were designed with a whole home color palette in mind.

Whole Home Color Palette and Accent Color · Más información

Whole Home Color Palette and Accent Color · Más información

• Afsaneh Sedghi
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

It is just that agreeable gray depending on light sometimes it is grey and sometimes it is creamy beige like. And I don’t know if it goes with my kitchen cabinets and backsplash tiles?
    Do you think if I choose to paint the kitchen walls with SW accessible beige, it will clash with agreeable grey in the living room?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 2 años

Agreeable gray is neutral color. I would go with it for entire house.

• Jennifer Hogan
    hace 2 años

It looks like the cabinets/countertops in the dining room match the cabinets/countertops in the kitchen, so that you already know works well.

We can't see your backsplash in the photos, so can't judge, but Agreeable Gray is a greige that works well with most everything except for beiges with a pink undertone and taupe with pink or violet undertones, which is an unlikely color for your backsplash as it would clash with the cabinets and current kitchen wall color.

Both Agreeable Gray and Accessible Beige are Greige (Beige/Gray) one is more gray, one is more beige, but neither are true gray or true beige. The problem with having them next to one another is you risk that they are too close in color and can just look 'off' or like a mistake rather than a deliberate decision.

Again, for a feeling of harmony, especially with the two different floorings, I would not change wall color between the two rooms.

• PRO
    Style It Home
    hace 2 años

Afsaneh, Since we can't see the backsplash it's difficult to give suggestions. I would strongly suggest addressing the ceiling angles and lines as well. A bright white ceiling doesn't work with the fixed finishes in your kitchen, there are many ways to address your tray ceiling to help it look amazing.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.