Houzz Logo Print
nathaniel_douek

Gray walls with beige countertop and cream cabinets?

Nathaniel Douek
hace 2 años

My wife and I are going crazy trying to figure out what color to paint! We don’t love the beige/warm colors. Right now, changing the countertop isn’t an option, but we are painting and can paint the cabinets.

We want more grays, but we are concerned it will clash. So 2 questions:

1. Opinion on how gray walls would look with the cream cabinets?
  2. If we did solid gray walls, what would be a good color for the cabinets?

Thanks so much!

Comentarios (7)

• mvcanada
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I guess you need to define "grey". I wouldn't go for a blue grey which will read "cool" against the warm colours you have. But if you went towards a more beige/brown grey - think "greige" - leaning more towards the warm tones it could work well.

Here are some visuals to help....I'm suggesting to work with the colours suggested on the right side of the picture below. Colours in those tones should work with the colours you have although right now I can't tell exactly what colours you have in your counters. I see some taupey coloured tiles in your backsplash area - lean in those directions for your grey choices.

cool grey paint benjamin moore - Google Search · Más información

Here are some warm grey colours you could consider. You'll need to test them in your space. I've tried Balboa mist but it had a decidedly purple cast in my space and just didn't work although I liked it on the paint chip.

Revere Pewter is a popular choice - again you need to check it in your space. Sometimes it reads quite taupey and others it is more grey. Depends on the light in the room and the surroundings as well. I also like BM Pale Oak (OC-20).

warm grey paint benjamin moore - Google Search · Más información

There are some folks here on Houzz who are really good at photoshop. If one of them happens along they can mock up your space with the paint colour so you can get an idea of the look and if you'll like it.

Get lots of samples (you can get Samplize samples or buy tester pots at your paint store. Try them out and look at them in daylight and with lights on in the evening and see if you're happy with them.

• Nathaniel Douek
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thanks so much! Great advice. Here is a close up of the countertop

• Nathaniel Douek
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Here is a better photo of the countertop

• PRO
    Arlene Awarda Architect
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I would try a for 'Grey Beige' combination sometimes called 'Greige'

A few examples are below

For warm grey colors:

1. Benjamin Moore:

1)Pale Oak
    2)Dry Sage

2. SW Sherwin Williams

1)Dreamer: Pavestone, mindful grey

2)Nurturer: Fawnbrindle

3. Behr Paint

1)Lunar surface

2)Nightingale Grey

RH Restoration Hardware

1) Stone

2) Cappuccino

Perhaps you can find something like this in your area of the country one nearby you.

• kandrewspa
    hace 2 años

It's hard to tell because colors aren't true on monitors, but it looks like your floors might make this more difficult. Be sure to try your samples against them as well since wall color will only be separated by a thin piece of baseboard from the floor.

• acm
    hace 2 años

As everybody says, you're going to need a heap of paint chips, and to test them next to all the permanent finishes and at various lighting conditions. But it should be possible, for sure! (Floor is the least issue, as oak is sort of the bluejeans of decorating -- goes with everything.) Your stone should be the bridge among the various tones, so just keep with it!

Contemporary Shaker Kitchen · Más información

• Nathaniel Douek
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I forgot to mention the floor. We are staining it weathered oak

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.