calmnotcluttered

Should I transition a floor from one wood colour to another?

calmnotcluttered
hace 2 años

From a York Oak (Amtico/Traditional ‘oaky’ colour) hallway to a White Wash Wood (Amtico/Greyish with grain) kitchen/diner (via a doorway) - popular opinion is to use the same wood tone throughout the entire downstairs of the house, lounge, hallway, downstairs cloak, kitchen/diner - however I want a lighter brighter tone for the kitchen/diner which is also south-facing so a bright space. The alternative is a ceramic look for kitchen/diner, but I cannot decide on a tile I like and I don’t think the traditional oaky colour will go with the kitchen cabinets.
Any opinions welcome :)

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Rodrigues Interiors
    hace 2 años

Hi! You don't need to do same flooring throughout,although it does improve that feeling of a seemless flow. The South facing room will be very bright anyway, will a pale floor make it too bright? A bit of depth in a bright room can be a nice relief. Can you bring the oak through and have a centralised pale wood area? So you get the best of both. Something like this pic
     below

• calmnotcluttered
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you Rodrigues Int. good to hear. I’m not sure I have enough square footage to create a pale centralised area but it’s a nice suggestion. I have pale grey kitchen cupboards with other wood grain accent cupboards so I’m also conscious of not clashing the floor with the accent cupboards. It’s a separate room to the hallway rather than all open plan so with doorway/threshold transition carefully done I think the transition from one to the other will work and zone the kitchen/diner as a separate space.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.