Houzz Logo Print
webuser_727472899

Bathroom Vanity Positioning Ideas

Bala Krish
hace 2 años

I am planning to replace my current vanity. The current one is 90” long. I am planning to get a 72”. i am looking at ideas about

1. make the vanity centered and leave space on both the sides

2. have it on one side and leave all the space to one side

I have a closet across from the vanity.

I have walls on either side (see below photo).

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    Arlene Awarda Architect
    hace 2 años

Hi Bela, Do you have a picture of your new vanity? That could give us ideas of new side options for the open or proposed infill spaces.

Bala Krish agradeció a Arlene Awarda Architect
  • Bala Krish
    Autor original
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I don’t have the new vanity yet, thinking of getting the standard 72”. The dilema is to center the vanity and leave equal space on bith the sides OR install it on one side and leve all the room to one side.

May be a vanity like this.

• mojavemaria
    hace 2 años

Centering it would look best but unless you plan on moving your plumbing it needs to be against the wall on the plumbing side.

Bala Krish agradeció a mojavemaria
  • RedRyder
    hace 2 años

The only reason to move it to one side is if you could use a linen tower in your bathroom. That could go on one side, still allowing for a double vanity. If you want a substantial tower, you can go down a couple of inches on the vanity.

Bala Krish agradeció a RedRyder
  • Angel 18432
    hace 2 años

mojavemaria - Good point re plumbing. That might be an expensive proposition.

• tartanmeup
    hace 2 años

What is the extent of this change? Just changing the vanity? Will you also be changing the lighting? Currently, there's a fixture above each sink. If centring the vanity, will the walls remain plain or will you add some type of panelling as in the vanity picture? That type of detail does "furnish" a space.

Bala Krish agradeció a tartanmeup
  • PRO
    Sorell Interiors
    hace 2 años

I think the only solution would be centering it unless you were planning on putting a tower on the side.

Bala Krish agradeció a Sorell Interiors
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

Sorry you have a nice large vanity that for 2 sinks is perfect and IMO 72" is too small for 2 sinks. Maybe a bit more info and what do you plan to have in the open space ? IMO in that space go wall to wall and get the vanity made to do so or do 2 36" vanities with an open space in the center for a laundry basket or some shelves for towels and do the counter wall to wall .

Bala Krish agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • felizlady
    hace 2 años

18” isn’t much space to work with. I would leave space for a narrow laundry hamper or a trash receptacle at one end and place the vanity into the corner at the other end. I would center the sink with a mirror or mirrored medicine cabinet above the sink and have four drawers at each end of the vanity.

Bala Krish agradeció a felizlady
  • Angel 18432
    hace 2 años

I think you are going to find this to be a bigger job than you thought. What are your thoughts?

Bala Krish agradeció a Angel 18432
  • Bala Krish
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thanks for a lot of perspective. I have a closet on the opposite side and definitely not looking for any addtiinal linen storage/tower at this time. May be have a smaller trash can one side and may be a tall skinny indoor plant on the other side, if I go with the center approach with 72” vanity.

If i go with the vanity to one end then i can have a larger trash can/small indoor plant. may be later if I need a linen rack I can add.

If I leave empty space in both the end will that look good OR leave a large empty space one end and move the vanity to the wall on the other side.

I do understand some plumbing work I have to do unless I have 2 separate vanity and leave empty space in the middle.

• Angel 18432
    hace 2 años

I'm thinking the 2 vanities with one large counter would look great. Always need counter space.

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    hace 2 años

If you're thinking of changing the vanity to the 72" one, you might consider centering it. It doesn't look like you will need extra storage since the linen closet is opposite the vanity.

Denver Townhome Renovation And Decor · Más información

• suzanne_m
    hace 2 años

I like the picture of the centered vanity you posted. I noticed that the vanity has legs. It makes it looks like a stand alone furniture. If your future vanity has legs, I would center it like in the picture. If, not, I would have it on one side.

• coray
    hace 2 años

Bela, Center the vanity….but why give up the extra storage space when you’ll only have a few inches to the walls on both sides? I think it’ll look better going from wall to wall, given the relatively short distance from the new vanity to the side walls. You’ll need to move your lights, mirrors and plumbing anyway since the new sinks won’t be in the same spot as the old ones….we just went through the same thing in a guest room.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.