Houzz Logo Print
tamara_duffy

Before & After Master ensuite in south YYC

T. Duffy
hace 2 años
última modificación:hace 2 años

This old bathroom has huge windows that show full view of Calgary's beautiful mountain views. Yet it lacks in style because it was so outdated. Before it was was renovated, it was designed by someone stuck in the 90's. Complete with all the "Builders Oak" trim and cabinets, and carpet right up to the bathtub, this bathroom was in desperate need of some severe updating.

My Husband and I set out early this year to find a contractor that could do the job from start to finish. We didn't know what kind of a design we were going for, but we had ideas of what we wanted from our new space. My hopes were to have a freestanding bathtub and my Husband wished for a large shower panel system. We both also desired a double sink vanity. Bottom line, we needed a new vanity, a new bathtub and a new shower. We had just upgraded the toilet and the blinds, so no need to adjust those.

The first contractor was well known in our city. He claimed our job was going to cost us $35,000 in just labour alone. Plus our double sink needed an extra vent, so that meant going up through the attic and yadda, yadda, yadda. They were a never ending domino effect to more stuff that didn't need to be touched.

The next contractor was referred to me by some very good friends of mine. This contractor quoted me $60,000 for labour alone and it included a $25,000 cost for his assistant (nice job for an assistant tho!). That contractor was a HUGE No.

Third time's a charm!!

Our third contractor was referred to us by our neighbourhood! Yes, I asked around to the folks in my neighbourhood and this contractor was great! Ticketed in plumbing and electrical. His work that I saw was very good and his clients are proud of the work that was done. Our contractor is also very knowledgeable with codes, processes and kept the scope of work to a realistic expectation. Not to mention, his cost was very reasonable (Labour and supplies came to about $14,000) and he was flexible with adding on extra items like heated flooring, and changing the pocket door along with the details that I tend to fuss over. Bonus part to this company is that they also live and operate in the community area I live in. So in the end, I'm supporting a local family business.

From start to finish, the whole process took 3 weeks.

Today, the ending result is a sparking bathroom spa, complete with a freestanding tub, a large shower panel and a dual sink.

Comentarios (15)

• Nancy in Mich
    hace 2 años

Nice! I love your bottom-up privacy shades. I never understand full length windows in bathrooms unless you own and have fenced several acres in all directions. Can you add a view of your new shower, too?

T. Duffy agradeció a Nancy in Mich
  • T. Duffy
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Yes, I have added a picture of the shower :)

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 2 años

Looks awesome!

T. Duffy agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • weedyacres
    hace 2 años

How much did contractor #3 charge?

• Gargamel
    hace 2 años

Beautiful! What a difference.

T. Duffy agradeció a Gargamel
  • arcy_gw
    hace 2 años

Yes the top up blinds are perfect! The new tub looks much easier to use--the faucet placement on the old was just odd. Congratulations!

T. Duffy agradeció a arcy_gw
  • C Hale
    hace 2 años

Great!

• coconutdrop
    hace 2 años

I'm hoping to do something similar. Are you able to take a picture of the whole room? Or show the toilet area? TIA!

• PRO
    Badeloft
    hace 2 años

wow this looks amazing!

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    hace 2 años

Incredible! Looks like a completely different room!

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 2 años

Great transformation and hats off to you and your contractor!

• loobab
    hace 2 años

Hot Diggety! That is some sexy hardware for the bathtub and shower!

I love that you can lay in the tub in either direction (for sunrise or sunset) and get in or out any way you want and you don't have to worry about hitting your head!

And the shower hardware looks like it has some serious options I don't even understand that I am sure your husband is thrilled with!

What are the tiles in the shower made of?

What is the bathroom floor made of?

Love the bottoms up window blinds, great idea!

Great, great job, congratulations!

• PRO
    Evolution Group
    hace 2 años

Where did you get the lighting?

• Jeff Meeks
    hace 2 años

Nice bathroom, In the first picture I was concerned that you would be "putting on a show" if you ever took a bath, but the shades drawn from the bottom up work well. I had a shower room built into a large dormer and there was one window that would have allowed a clear view for the neighbors, but a simple cafe curtain over the bottom of the window solved that problem

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.