Houzz Logo Print
alice_b23

Living room inbuilt storage/shelving to maximise space

alice_b23
hace 2 años

We're currently looking to add in some new storage to our living space in our house - we have a 'living room' space off the kitchen, and are wanting to include some inbuilt storage along this wall, to house the TV, add some shelves and some cupboards along the bottom (as you can tell, we're also considering painting it a dark blue). Where we're looking for advice is, what are your thoughts for how to maximise the storage opportunities without taking away too much from the footprint from the room? Do we go along the whole wall, or just part of it? If we just do part of it - which part? being Symmetrical might be hard because we have a light well, which isn't symmetrical in the room. My other half and I have been debating, and are interested to hear any other thoughts or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Studio Heim
    hace 2 años

Hi Alice,

Hope you're well!

I love the space - how lovely and light! And great colour choices too with the blue!

Personally, I would have the bespoke cabinetry go from wall to wall. You'll make the most out of the additional storage you'd like, and honestly, if you left a corner free from the cabinetry, it will end up becoming dead space anyway. You'd most likely end up putting some form of storage in the space, or plant to fill it up!

It doesn't matter if it's not symmetrical. There are fabulous ways to create a beautifully designed piece of bespoke cabinetry in non-symmetrical forms.

If you need any help with designs, do let us know!

Kate

Studio Heim Interiors

• 88wj88
    hace 2 años

Totally agree with Studio Heim. Wall to wall will give you plenty of storage, display space and TV space. I would also suggest whatever colour you paint the wall, paint the storage the same colour.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.