Houzz Logo Print
webuser_446384553

Awkward living room layout

Karebear Briscoe
hace 2 años

Please help me ! I don’t know if I should push my sofa up against the wall or leaving it floating ? Excuse the mess I was in the middle of picking stuff up. To the right of the window is my front door. And the side that is not visible from the photos are just my stairs. My living room is basically long and narrow. If you have a different layout suggestion please let me know

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    SOLID FORM DESIGN
    hace 2 años

It would be helpful if you post more photos of all angles and one photo looking into the living area from the door. It's hard to gauge distance and size without more photos.

• PRO
    Jay Remodeling
    hace 2 años

A few more questions? How much more furniture will be having in the spaces, it that all the furniture you're working with? How do you want the space? We would definitely prefer more angles on the p[photos to help you here.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 2 años

You're going to need some lighting, and a room is generally more welcoming if a major seating piece faces the door and beckons people to come in and sit down. Do you have a large area rug?

• Karebear Briscoe
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

@Jay Remodeling I plan to purchase more furniture after I get some advise on what I should have. I don’t have a coffee table yet and plan to put a fireplace mantle on the longest wall. I do have a credenza I intend to put in that nook after the railing. I would like the space for lounging and conversation. I will not have a TV. @decoenthusiaste :) I took some more pictures with my area rug laid out. I have my couch pulled away from the wall about 5 inches. I don’t know what I should put behind my accent chairs. I have about 4 feet. A bench? Seems kinda awkward.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 2 años

Your two chairs are great, but the sofa should be a 3-seater with arms for comfort.

• ashtonchic
    hace 2 años

Are couches two pieces? You could place in an "L" shape with rectangular table in between. Maybe box in ends with 2 small credenzas to serve as arms..

• ashtonchic
    hace 2 años

Here is a small chest. You could put something like this on ends to prop a pillow against Maybe without the legs.

Hashtag Home Keiko Accent Chest & Reviews | Wayfair · Más información

• PRO
    SOLID FORM DESIGN
    hace 2 años

I would definitely push the couch closer to the wall but keep the legs on the carpet. 5 inches is a good distance. I think pushing the couch on the adjacent wall (to the right) might open up the room more. That way the chairs backs aren't facing the front entrance. You'll have a good view of the sitting area and still have space on that wall where the couch currently is, to place art, a console etc

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.