Houzz Logo Print
ecam016

White cabinet (exterior) / maple interior

Elizabeth C
hace 2 años

Hello,

I’m having solid wood cabinets custom made for our small kitchen. We decided we are going with white cabinets. My cabinet guy just asked me if I wanted to paint the interior white too or leave maple? I think I will not mind the maple wood when the cabinets are open but my question is, will the cabinets look unfinished? Please help!

Comentarios (10)

• kempek01
    hace 2 años

It will be fine either way.

• Elizabeth C
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you!

• Usuario de Houzz-187528210
    hace 2 años

I think it’s a style preference. If they stain or clear coat the wood. I think it could be a cool eclectic look.
    If that’s your style I say cool!!

• Elizabeth C
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I agree with you. I’m loving the light maple and it could give the cabinets a unique twist. I’m not not sure if it would look unfinished.

• rebunky
    hace 2 años

I have white cabinets and did the maple interiors. I only did the matching white interiors where I have glass doors on the uppers.

• Elizabeth C
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you for your reply:) would it be too much trouble to ask you to add a picture just so I have an idea of how it would look. I tried Pinterest but can’t find any.

• wilson853
    hace 2 años

A natural interior doesn't look unfinished. Choose what you like.

Punch of Blue · Más información

Embassy Row · Más información

Stunning Thornhill Renovation · Más información

Residential interiors · Más información

• Elizabeth C
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you for these! It was so helpful. I actually love the natural wood look inside. You are amazing!

• rebunky
    hace 2 años

My cabinet have maple interior that looks similar to this.

I sorry I don’t have a good picture available, but here’s one that sort of shows how the stacked uppers with glass have the white interiors. I have it set up to have lights in them, but still haven’t had them installed. We had a change of plans and are temperarily renting this house so still have to finish a some stuff.

Also I didn’t realize that when the interiors are maple then that means the underneath of the uppers are also maple. You only see it when you squat down and look up. At first I thought, oh no that doesn’t look finished. My husband then asks me how often I’m going to look at the underneath of my cabinets? Yeah, I was just overreacting like usual! Haha!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.