Houzz Logo Print
lcerveny

NEED HELP WITH BEDROOM ITS BORING

decorcrazy
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
Need some color ideas for a bedspread. This is the only way the furniture can go as it is really big and hard to move. Thoughts? Ideas? Curtains? Are the lamps too big?

Comentarios (227)

• decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    ?? little to the right?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I think so but hanging art is not my specialty. I just go with what looks right to me. I agree with lowering by a couple inches but I also think a bit to the right.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    hace 10 años
    I like them where they are. I find it better yo ignore the light switch than to have the art way off center.
    decorcrazy agradeció a Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I forgot to enlarge the photo, so I was squinting, once I opened up the picture it looked better;)
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Now ladies can personal photos go in the bedroom? My husband is hoping not because he doesn't want to look at our son in law every night before bed.....LOL
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Not sure why that one pic is upside down? It was not when I uploaded it?
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I like family photos in the hallway, or even in the powder room where you have a captive audience.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Well, I am not the one to ask about things of sentimental value LOL I am not a family photo kind of gal. All the photo's I have are in the office on a bookcase unit. However, I do like to see a photo wall in some hallways;)
    decorcrazy agradeció a User
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Maybe I could group these in my office?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Of course I like that idea:)
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    OK......just got back from our first football game! Looks like a great plan for the two pics on the wall.....lowered where they are on that wall.

Seeing that throw on the bed confirms what I was thinking.....it messes up your pattern. Is that just me???

I love pics in a bedroom, but not sure where you have room for them now.
    decorcrazy agradeció a abbyjean
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    abbyjean what about a softer/lighter color throw?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    decorcrazy, I know you asked abbyjean but I can't help but throw my 2 cents in on the throw. Thinking about the room now with all the green, beige and cream, adding the botonical prints, I would keep the bedroom serene in only these colors- NO POPS. So, with that said, I would put a earthy throw at the foot of the bed in say a camel color, or what ever the darkest shade is of one of the diamonds in the spread with some texture (maybe like the bottom one shown) ;)
    Cozy Throw · Más información
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Margo you are FABULOUS! I love these and think the one on top would be perfect!!!
  • User
    hace 10 años
    *blushing*
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    Love the dusty lavender throw at the bottom! When shopping if you need to match, take one of your pillow shams. Margo is right: no pops, just serene.
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I found some botanical prints. What size should the actual print be? We already determined the frame needs to be 16x20.
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Do the prints need to be the same? I noticed all of these have different backgrounds and different types of blue.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    They need to be the same size and have the same background. Photos 1 and 3 appear to me to have the same background. Usually you can find 4 that were meant to be a set.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    The size of the actual print depends on, if, and, how much matting you want around the actual print.
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    I think if you go to Art.com you can use that site to play around with frame and mat sizes. That will give you an idea of how, say, a small print looks in a larger mat.

But best bet is to head over to Aaron Brothers with your prints. It really makes the art if you have two mats: here a larger more neutral mat along the outside, with a very small line of an inner mat right next to the print. The inner mat will be one of the deeper colors in the art: a darker blue or green or plum.
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    pcmom1...earlier in this thread you mentioned getting a SMALL print. So I was wondering just how small you meant? See below..

You need some art that will work with the subtle colors of your quilt. You can even head over to a calendar store and look for a SMALL calendar with botanical prints. I say small, since once you add mat and frame the size increases! Then stack two framed images.
  • Elisa Jed
    hace 10 años
    oooh! You could do a lot with that headboard. If you want to leave the bedspread and lamps then you could get a few earthy pictures (nature might work best) or get a shelf and have some polished pottery. That headboard is the perfect base for decorations.
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    I think your image size could go from as small as 4 inches by 5 inches (that is why I said you could even head to an art store or some other place with really nice cards) up to around 8 by 10 inches. That is just me eyeballing the rectangles you have up right now and trying to leave a decent sized mat around the art.

Just depends on mat size. I have a really small painting ( 4 inches by 4 inches), but the framed piece is 15 inches by 15 inches.

Why don't you head over to Aaron Brothers and bring home a few pairs of frames? Few different sizes and styles. (I suggested off white as one option). While you are there check out their selection of art. They probably have some botanicals. There is usually a large table there for you to lay out the art, try out some mats with some frames.
    decorcrazy agradeció a pcmom1
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    You could also buy a picture book of botanicals and just take 4 pages out to frame.
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    We don't have a Aaron Brothers here in Omaha but I can check some other stores:) Thanks!
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Carolyn....why 4 pages? I only have 2 spaces for pics?
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Oops, my mistake...first one in 20 minutes!
  • katiescarlette
    hace 10 años
    Hi. Sorry I'm tuning in late. When looking at your picture of the big wall I was thinking how much easier your picture placement would be if you you would just paint your switch plate the same color as the wall. The white color it is now puts things a little off balance. Why not give it a try!
    decorcrazy agradeció a katiescarlette
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I am still looking for the right frames for that space we have been talking about.............but I have chosen the pictures I want to put in there. Frames are so expensive and specially in the size I need. Ugh!

So I thought I would mess around with the curtains. Do you like the green or white better??
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    Hate to say, but both are a "no" for me. I think you need more of a substantial fabric and to hang them higher and wider. That will mean you need 96 inch length and may need to hem.
    Master Bedroom · Más información

Traditional Bedroom · Más información
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    pcmom1....I am afraid if I use cloth curtains it will shut too much light out. That is why I went with sheers?? But I do like your examples. My ceiling is at a slant too??
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    A linen-like fabric would hang crisply and look nice and neat in the room. A velvet would also work, or a lined and interlined silk.
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    I know moving rods is a real pain. Plus, there are holes to fill and paint over. But if you hang the curtains wider than the window, so that the outside ones barely cover the trim, more of the light comes in.

I am a firm believer in trying things. Especially if they are returnable. You could look around for curtains at your current length in a different material just to see. There are a lot of places to shop: Tuesday Morning, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. ( I got the 96 inch silk lined drapery for our living and dining from Tuesday Morning for $50 per panel.)
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    So true, and well explained!
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    So your talking about adding 3-4 inches on each side?
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    Might be around a foot on each side. You want enough fabric to look rich.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Maybe somthing like this with a muted print. These are on sale at West Elm. 84" $47, 96" $51 Ivory with platinum. I like them;))
    Bamboo Printed Window Panel · Más información
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I already had these pictures and thought hey why not use them in the bedroom? Haven't got to the curtains yet but I do like the curtains you posted Margo.
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    Those look just fine in this space!!! And they match each other, too! AND if it matters, I happen to love the white sheers in this room. They are soft and flattering in that area.
    decorcrazy agradeció a abbyjean
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I think the pictures work well on the wall;)
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Glad that is over with...lol
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    I love how you are able to find things around your home!!!
  • jen046
    hace 10 años
    I know I'm late, but can I try to add something here? Your room is coming along very nicely. I'm wondering whether son peach or apricot would be nice on the bed. Like Margo and your husband, I'm not a big pillows-on-the-bed person. I wonder if you can find nice apricot-color pillow cases (maybe even sheets), and the stack the pillows with the "functional" ones on the bottom, and the quilted ones on top. I did that in my bedroom, which, admittedly, is very modern, but I think it could work for you as we'll.
    decorcrazy agradeció a jen046
  • craljh
    hace 10 años
    I like the wall color and the pictures. You are doing great with colors and fabrics. I like the white curtains. I really like Margo's suggestion also. Wish I could use them.
    decorcrazy agradeció a craljh
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    Pictures on the wall work very well! No cost decorating!
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Should I replace the 2 pictures with this one? Or should I put one on each side of dresser/TV?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    NO- not one on each side of the dresser/TV- too busy. Replace for the 2 pictures?? your call, if you are lovin' it.
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    I really like the two you have there now. Walk away...........wallet back in purse........
  • User
    hace 10 años
    GOOD MORNING DECORCRAZY,,,,,,,, what is the outcome of last nights shopping?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.