Houzz Logo Print
catvet32

Can I apply shine to my new LVP flooring?

Marilyn
hace 2 años
última modificación:hace 2 años

I had Mannington Adura Rigid LVP flooring installed in my kitchen. I HATE the matte finish on it now that it is installed (didn't seem too bad on the sample). My hardwood gleams and this new flooring just looks out of place by comparison. Plus I hate the feel on my bare feet. Is there an acrylic or urethane product I can apply to this floor to make it shine? My local flooring provider has no clue. I have sent an inquiry to Mannington but have not heard back. This is a click product, not a glue down.

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    Esperto Builders
    hace 2 años

Unfortunately, there's no product. But most people use homemade DIY product to polish LVP. For instance, to add shine to your vinyl floor, add a few drops of baby oil to the vinegar and water solution. For stubborn scuffs, try putting some WD-40 lubricant or jojoba oil on a towel and rub the area until the scuffs disappear. Clean thoroughly with the vinegar and water solution to remove any traces of lubrication.

• Marilyn
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Won't adding baby oil just make the floor attract and hold onto dirt?

• Marilyn
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I would remove it in a minute and absorb the cost of this mistake but my husband won't go for it unfortunately. :-(

• Mo
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

According to Mannington, you can add shine. See https://www.mannington.com/Residential/Adura-Vinyl-Plank/AduraRigid/Care-and-Maintenance for their recommendations.

• Marilyn
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

@Mo: Thank you. I just received a reply from Mannington this afternoon with this very same link sent to me. I was going to post here but you beat me to it. I think I will experiment with left over planks first. Also reading their link I'm not quite certain if I use their product from the get-go or only after applying some other mop-and-glo product intially. May require a call to their technical team. If I learn anything more I will post here.

• Iluvdark kychns
    el último año

If you have an update, can you please share. I'm really not liking my own recently installed matte lvp floors. Looks plasticy in certain lights. I'm hoping adding a shine will make them look more like traditional floors.

• Marilyn
    Autor original
    el último año

No update other than to say I have done nothing with my floor. I still hate it. But I was scared off trying anything to put a shine to it by reports that over time those products can start to yellow.

• Tessa
    hace 24 días

Same problem here. i hate my new matte floors and the way they feel.

• stepdancer24
    hace 19 días

I have the same problem but with a weird twist. I had new lvp installed last month, and some rooms are shiny, some are matte, and some are even mixed! I am desperate to find a way to make the matte planks match the shiny ones. They feel very rough and are harder to clean. I have attached some photos to show what I mean.

• Marilyn
    Autor original
    hace 19 días

Wow, this would seem to be a quality control issue of the product. Have you pursued that angle with the provider? This wide variance in look and texture is just wrong.

I still have not done anything with my floor....just continue to hate it and curse at it.

• Mo
    hace 19 días

@stepdancer24

I'm wondering if the some of the planks that were installed were leftovers from other jobs. The texture and finish should be the same. I would have questioned it before the installer left your home. I wouldn't have made the final payment either.

• Elise
    hace 12 días

I am dealing with the same problem and wish we never spent this much money on dirty looking floors. I've tried Future Premium Floor Finish on a scrap piece and it added a nice shine to it. We walked over that piece for quite a long time, but I have not followed through with the whole floor, YET. I've worried that it will void the warranty. I'm at the end of my rope with this floor and I'm actively looking for a solution.

PS. My dirty looking floors CANNOT be from a buildup of cleaning products. The dirty look started immediately after installation, and I've only used their recommended products since.

• stepdancer24
    hace 12 días

Thank you for the comments. I bought the flooring myself so I know it all came in the same boxes and wasn't from the contractor. The installers did replace the single planks that were different in one of the rooms in the photo. The smooth planks are in one bedroom and the den, but the rest of the house has the rough ones. You really can't tell the difference in how they look except when the light is hitting it just right; it's mostly just the feel that I don't like, and also how the rough boards attract a lot more dirt. I'm going to try some products on the spare planks I have and will post updates.

• Iris Graeber
    hace 4 días

I'd hit it with either Minwax Polyurethane (will yellow with time but won't show up with most wood colors), or Minwax Polycrylic (won't yellow so good over white surfaces). If you have any leftover scraps from installation, or can go buy just one board, you could try out your solutions on that and pick what you like best. I intend to topcoat my floors (and repeat as needed) because that seals out moisture and dirt and can make floors easier to clean, and last longer.

• millworkman
    hace 4 días

I would not put polyurethane of any type on top of vinyl; floors. I see it causing nothing but headaches and a big mess.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.