Houzz Logo Print
kathleenmoconnor

area rug advice

kathleenmoconnor
hace 2 años

I am trying to find an area rug to work with fireplace, floors and navy island for new home. Any suggestions on color? The Walls are SW lazy gray.

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

Before a rug you need lighting and IMO all LED 4000K A coffee table is useless unlees useable and with reclining furniture they are not even reachable.The TV is too high but I need to see the whole room to suggest another place for it Real plants are great but fake ones never .

• kathleenmoconnor
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Moving TV is not negotiable with hubby. The plants are real and just there to fill in solace for now. I plan to add built ins on either side of fireplace. Lamps will also be added as well. We have 10 ft ceilings with LEd lighting as well. With area rug, Do I add another color, go darker or lighter than fireplace?

• rockyroad33
    hace 2 años

You need something with some colour. I'd do pink or red, but teal or turquoise would also work.

• Sharon Fullen
    hace 2 años

If you like Oriental rugs go for one that isn't the trendy “aged” look. You need some color in that room! Indontbse any color accents at all so you can go with what you love. Then pick a color or two to carry over into pillows, art and lamps.

• kathleenmoconnor
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you.. I have tried a few lighter rug ones and they don’t work so agree need color and darker, and not gray lol looking at red or rust colors now.

• K Laurence
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I have the ”Nomad” rug in indigo from Room & Board ,,, something similar might look good. Its dark blue/ navy with subtle striations of lighter. Might tie in with your island.

• Jilly
    hace 2 años

I think this West Elm rug would look great in there:

https://www.westelm.com/products/distressed-nadine-rug-t4876/?pkey=call-rugs

• kathleenmoconnor
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you.. Do think too busy for the fireplace.

• Jilly
    hace 2 años

Not at all too busy! It’s very pretty.

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

Could be well to have muted red in art above the sofa -- good together and with sky or other blue?

Safavieh Galaxy Gal113M Rug, Blue/Gray, 8'0"x10'0" · Más información

Zima Collection, Designer Throw Blanket, Luxury Cotton, Blue/Gray · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

On back of a light color seat -

Ashley Brushed Faux Fur & Matching Sherpa Borrego Backing Throw, Silver Blue, 50" X 60" · Más información

Loloi Throws T0038 Grey / Multi 4'-2" X 5' · Más información

nuLOOM Hand Tufted Classie Shag Striped Area Rug, Gray, Multi 10'x14' · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

Subtle stripes / subtle neutrals:

Couture Faux Fur Throw 50"x60", Glacier Gray · Más información

Dakari Flannel Reversible Jacquard Throw, Navy · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

Too delicately pastel on the light seats, but maybe on the medium neutral:

Leon Throw, Blue · Más información

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    hace 2 años

Here we have a few images that include rugs that we have used for clients. Perhaps this will help you figure out what type of rug you'd like for your living room.

Alloy Penthouse: Living Room · Más información

Leather District Loft · Más información

Logan Townhouse · Más información

• PRO
    Rugs America
    hace 2 años

What a great space! I would suggest a moderately busy transitional pattern in lighter colors or a slightly bolder colored rug as a statement piece. We have a great selection you should check out!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.