Houzz Logo Print
webuser_284913504

painting or rendering a brick house?

Rose213 Gl
hace 2 años

Hello all, was walking in the neighbourhood today and i saw few brick houses which were beautifully painted. They looked modern and nice. Painting is a cheaper alternative to rendering for a modern look but regardless of cost, I don’t like rendered houses. But i read on some websites paint don’t let the bricks to breathe and can cause deterioration of bricks. Is that correct? Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Comentarios (3)

• User
    hace 2 años

I'll let the experts answer , but my preference is to keep brick as brick , and tidy it or modernise it or distract the eyes or whatever you want to achieve , by concentrating on the details -- it can be the gardens and fences , painting the gutters a different colour , changing the front door ( or painting it a different colour ) , adding battens over a window , changing a plasterboard panel for real wood slats ( then staining ) , even things like the front fence .

If the brick is shocking , then sell haha .

• PRO
    iBuild Group Pty Ltd
    hace 2 años

Painting brick is definitely a more cost effective option if you don’t like the brick look, however if your going for a more modern look, render is the way to go. Perhaps most a picture of the exterior to see how it works with the rest of the house for advice.

• Kate
    hace 2 años

Painting brick can look heaps better at fraction of cost of render.
    Decision to paint/render depends on whether you like the bricks as is.
    You can also bag and paint.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.