webuser_958681346

Can I smooth my drywall after it's textured?

hace 2 años

My wife doesn't like the texture on the walls, we haven't painted yet, what does it take/what's the process if we want smooth walls now?

Thanks!!!

Comentarios (7)

• hace 2 años

If you want smooth surface walls, they should be all skim coated by a good drywall finisher. It wont be inexpensive.

• hace 2 años

If not painted yet, they may be able to sand them down and then put a smooth skim coat on. It will undoubtedly cost more money.

• PRO
    hace 2 años

Yes agreed. Get a price on both as they could vary quite a bit depending on the texture size it may take less time to sand and coat twice as to achieve a smooth finish over texture to me would be more coats and your areas meeting another surface would not be a straight with the amount of mud build.

• hace 2 años

If she can change her mind once then she can change it twice. Just live with it.

A "perfect" skim coat for walls would be hellish expensive. Tell her it can be done later, then never get around to it.

• hace 2 años

Ha ha, was quoted $8k. I’ll learn to love my knockdown texture!!

• hace 2 años

You'll love it just fine but will she?

• hace 2 años

Lol. Thanks.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.