Houzz Logo Print
alikat33

Should headboard and chairs be different fabrics?

Ali Romero
hace 2 años

Getting ready to reupholster my king sized bed, with the sample piece shown. Husband thinks we should reupholster light gold chairs in the same fabric. I’m thinking no, and it should be a pattern if we reupholster them. Thoughts?

Comentarios (8)

• Jenn Hoffman Ambler,PA (7A)
    hace 2 años

I think you could do either, however I would side more towards a pattern on this bc your room has a lot of beiges and not a lot of color variation. If you decide to match the chairs to backboard, i would change some of your decor to have a bit more color variation, such as the curtains or rug.

• jck910
    hace 2 años

No definitely different fabric for chairs

• Jenn Hoffman Ambler,PA (7A)
    hace 2 años

Or you could add a pretty patterned bed cover/ duvet.

• PRO
    BOND DESIGN STUDIOS
    hace 2 años

There is no right or wrong answer. If you want a matchy matchy look - do the same fabric. Personally, I would do a different fabric. Stripes are always a great option - they never go out of style and they go with everything.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

I need to see the bedding but in my head no matching chairs

• Helen
    hace 2 años

Chairs should complement and not be the same material.

When i analyze really striking rooms, whatever the style, they do not match. The art of a talented designer is balancing various elements so they complement each other. Poorly designed rooms either are completely bland because people were afraid or unbalanced and jarring.

Left to my own devices, my design choices would have wound up either being too safe or being too jarring - sometimes in the sake room. 😂 Working with my designer has given me a lot of insight into how they bring everything together. i will offer siggestions that aren’t quite right and when she explains, I understand. Not that i can duplicate it but the design process makes more sense.

• homechef59
    hace 2 años

The entire room seems to be a study in calm and understated neutrals. I think the chairs would be an opportunity to add some interest with a coordinating bold pattern.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.