Houzz Logo Print
sara_hubbert

Dining Nook Ideas

Sara Hubbert
hace 2 años

Hello!
We have opened our 1960s detached property dining room and kitchen up to create one big space, having only 1 toilet we managed to squeeze in a downstairs loo, due to building warrant conditions this has left us with a with a smaller than I would have like dining nook 136cm wide, I am really struggling what to do with the space now? I have attached some ideas I have had along with the actual space (ignore glass table) and layout plan. Any ideas or suggestions or experience fillling a similar space greatfully received!

Comentarios (7)

• Sara Hubbert
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Sorry plan wasn’t included

• PRO
    Anca Rotaru Design Studio
    hace 2 años

Hello Sara,

I think that the design of the kitchen can be improved to create more space but since everything is already built I will try and make some comments on the existing. Hopefully this can help you decide.

The resulting space is not sufficient for a proper table with chairs/bench to fit that area.

Putting near the window a cupboard in a similar finish as the kitchen (I see a beautiful dark green) or a dark color will give an accent to that wall and will give more space for storage. There you can add some plants too. Please refer to the images attached.

The table I would suggest is a round one as the images attached with chairs. The position of the table would be in front of the closed door/window. It will need to be positioned to allow sufficient space for all of you to use it. This is an idea based on the drawings you provided not on a real survey.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Anca

• PRO
    The Kitchen Lady UK
    hace 2 años

Hi Sara,

Like @Anca Rotaru Design Studio said, there isn't the space for a table in this nook, however, it would be a gorgous place for a dresser to go the full width. This will be able to store lots of additional crockery and also be a lovely place to display photos or ornaments on the top.

I think there is then space for a lovely big kitchen table which can create the hub of the home. I love an oversized kitchen table, it gives space for all the mess of cooking, crafting, jigsaw etc. but still with a clear end for a family meal at the end of the day without having to clear everything away.

Good luck

Emily

• PRO
    Expression By Design
    hace 2 años

Hi Sara,

Since it's a really small space not enough to fit in a dining table, I would go for a statement armchair with a tall plant on the side as well as doing a gallery wall on the left of the window. Another option is wallpaper that corner so as to give a great focal point to the space (pinch colour from kitchen unit)

Hope it helps,

Neha

www.expressionbydesign.co.uk

• Lynn Cragg
    hace 2 años

Is the wall between the kitchen and dining’s room removed? The only way to accommodate a sensible sized table and chairs would be to make it one large room. Switching out the hallway and toilet doors to sliding pocket doors would help with flexible floor space and make it feel more roomy. Measurements on the floor plane would help people give suggestions.

• PRO
    laatka
    hace 2 años

We would recommend a round table. We have a lovely model that we can make to measure. The smallest would be 80 cm - please feel free to contact us if you need more info. https://www.laatka.com/rio

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.