Houzz Logo Print
imhoff72

Downspout drains connected to sump drains in yard?

J Inhof
hace 2 años

We are having yard drainage issues and have hired a septic company to fix drainage so that it flows away from our leach fields. They want to tie two underground roof gutter drains into our sump drain line about 20 ft from the house and also tie in the leach field curtain drain. They plan to run the resulting black corrugated conduit down to the back of the yard to a drainage ditch to keep all that water away from the leach field. Here’s my question: Isn’t it risky to have all those drains feeding in to one exit line? what if it gets clogged somewhere and backs up?

Thanks for any advice.

Comentarios (5)

• Sigrid
    hace 2 años

Ask your contractor about that.

J Inhof agradeció a Sigrid
  • Stax
    hace 2 años

Ask the contractor if what he says he will do is correct?

LOL

J Inhof agradeció a Stax
  • PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    hace 2 años

I was always taught not to combine downspout drainpipes with sump drains, box drains, or whatever for just that reason. I also prefer using PVC sewer and drain pipe instead of the black corrugated, it's way less prone to clogging and you can (usually) just blast a clog out with a hose.

J Inhof agradeció a Revolutionary Gardens
  • PRO
    Masterworks Window Fashions & Design, LLC
    hace 2 años

Well said. Those black corrugated drain pipes are terrible!

J Inhof agradeció a Masterworks Window Fashions & Design, LLC
  • J Inhof
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts. What you have told me pretty much lines up with what I have read before on other projects. So now I’m in a conundrum.

I did discuss it with him but he said we will use the black currugated line because we have to go around trees, hardscaping and electrical (to avoid running it through leach lines)so that made some sense to me. Part of the line will be pvc. As for the joining up of the three lines, he told me he has done thousands (?) of these projects and there should be no problem. He doesn’t want to put another line down the yard because of the leach bed and the landscaping. So I guess I will have to accept what he says. He seems competent and he sure charges enough for some ditch digging so it better work! I am learning a lot (that I don’t want to know) about septics and drainage. lol

Thanks again.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.