Houzz Logo Print
vicki_lapinta

I could really use some help with the master bathroom pony wall

Vicki LaPinta
hace 2 años
última modificación:hace 2 años

I am trying to decide if I should tile the front of the pony wall on the left side, The contractor suggested doing it in quartz, but when I priced it out it was just too expensive. My thought was to put a piece of quartz on the top of the pony wall, then tile the rest. I also keep going back and forth on weather to leave the back side of the pony wall painted, or tile it too. The plan is to use quartz for the shower sill and the bench.

Any suggestions?

Comentarios (14)

• acm
    hace 2 años

You need to do the narrow side of the wall/bench. But you can paint the back where the tp is.

• Vicki LaPinta
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Do you think the shower wall tile will look good on the narrow side of the bench?

• hu818472722
    hace 2 años

I know that a more modern look would be to wrap the grey tile around on both sides and add the quartz to the top of the pony wall but can't help but think this could get visually heavy with the grey tile, which is very nice and great job installing BTW! If you are going with a quartz similar to your flooring it could be interesting to wrap the pony and bench wall in a white modern stacked style installed vertically. It would depend on what color your vanity is, and shower floor tile as well? I think not wrapping tile around the pony wall (both sides) could possibly look unfinished ending on a shorter portion of the wall. Like the idea of quartz on top of the pony wall.

• Anne Duke
    hace 2 años

That’s my shower with different tile. I agree with paint on the room side in this case. Make sure the edges of the quartz are eased a bit to prevent chips.

• kathylawyer
    hace 2 años

Usually when using quartz you need to buy a slab? And I'd think you would use the entire slab....

But if you aren't then I would definitely tile the both sides of the pony wall. Pretty tile

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I would tile both sides of pony wall. Add quartz on top and down the narrow front depth. If you have enough quartz, you could cover the entire pony wall top, front and both sides.

• bpath
    hace 2 años

Don't tile the pony wall where the toilet paper is. That is its own little space, separate from the shower.

• RedRyder
    hace 2 años

I agree not to tile the toilet side of the pony wall and definitely tile the bench to match the walls. The toilet area is part of the main room.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 2 años

I agree the toilet area side is a separate side , but the pony wall is the same structure. Both entities also are open to each other and structurally part of the same space.

I like adding materials to make a statement and give a little punch.

• bpath
    hace 2 años

But that side Of the pony wall is not part of the shower. There is enough statement going on. Tiling the toilet side is a digression.

• Vicki LaPinta
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I don't think I am going to tile the back of the pony wall. Right now this looks like a lot of tile! Getting there

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 2 años

I'm not sure but to me it feels like it is unfinished.

• houssaon
    hace 2 años

If you look at shower pony walls on Houzz, the majority are tiled on the backside. But not all. Here is one example where there is an overhang and not tiled by the toilet.

Plymouth House · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.