Houzz Logo Print
claire_martin47

Help finding a family dining table

Claire Martin
hace 2 años

Hi, I have to replace my dining table and I'm wondering what might suit the oak tile flooring and would like some help with ideas? I like corner dining units with light too pedestals but it might be a bit fussy, I'm not sure. It has to be durable as I've 3 young kids (hence the mess!)

Comentarios (14)

• Sonia
    hace 2 años

I think a white Formica type table would look good, then you can choose any chairs to go with it. It won’t clash with the lovely floor either. I found this one at Made.com with good reviews, but they have several.

• Claire Martin
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Might this work? It's glass pale grey marbled effect. Might it clash with a white with silver fleck granite or is that nonsense?!

• ali270
    hace 2 años

I saw a tulip table with brightly coloured chairs ( which you can get from IKEA ) on a Houzz photo . A circular table fits and looks better in a corner.

• Claire Martin
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Anyone seen any nordic style larger round tables, we're a family of 5 but regularly need to seat 8? Thanks

• Angie
    hace 2 años

Someone we know has a regular sized dining table plus a large circular piece which bolts onto the table when she has a large gathering. When not in use she stores it tucked behind her dresser. Works really well and saves space for day to day living. Just an idea.

• Kyle Barrett
    hace 2 años

The Skovby 33 table sounds kind of perfect for you, you could probably find a cheap one second hand on eBay if you don't want to shell out on a new one. Having just done a search there is one on there. They're pedestal and they extend, and come in a light scandi stye wood. Iød suggest going for a lightweight black chair to complement though.

• nancyorford
    hace 2 años

If you have to seat several young children, perhaps some sort of bench (perhaps semi built in with storage) to go with any table to stretch the seating,adding extra chairs as required..

• jenson111
    hace 2 años

Hi. There is an extendable white table on made.com which would be perfect. You could add a bench for extra Storage

• Deborah
    hace 2 años

some good ideas there. I have a question - what ‘mess’ are you apologising for!! It looks very tidy to me. I would suggest a table which has a matching storage unit/dresser/sideboard as you seem to have space to include one. this would make the space more cosy and provide valuable storage for the children’s things.

• Sonia
    hace 2 años

Love Etsy for craft work!

• PRO
    laatka
    hace 2 años

Hi Claire, if you're still looking for ideas our in-house creative team may be able to help. We make very durable solid wood tables. You can find us on www.laatka.com.

• PRO
    Resin Designs Studio
    hace 2 años

What about resin and solid slab dining table?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.