Houzz Logo Print
kathyweather

Dining Table shape

kathyweather
hace 2 años

We have an odd shaped dining area and was wondering if a rectangular dining table would be okay. The table that I like would fit the area but not sure if it would be aesthetically pleasing. We currently have an oval shape. I have attached a picture for review. Thank you

Comentarios (15)

• calidesign
    hace 2 años

I think a rectangular table would be better than the oval. Measure carefully to make sure you have enough space for the chairs to pull straight out and not hit the angled walls though.

kathyweather agradeció a calidesign
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Round would be the best choice & you can go larger with the diameter of the table if needed. After that, It looks like oval will work.

Rectangular will not look very good with all the angles IMO unless perhaps it's turned on the diagonal.

Do you have a hanging light fixture above that has to work with this table?

kathyweather agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • everdebz
    hace 2 años

You didn't ask, but I like what you have; the leg details, etc.. seem a fit with bit of formal of arch... and adds something imo.

• kathyweather
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

BeverlyFLADeziner No. We have recessed lighting. I am having trouble finding a color that would match our new cabinets. It is called cottage and sort of an almond color. ?? The island is like a dark slate.

• kathyweather
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Everdebz. The table is worn. I would have painted it but promised it to our daughter who is just getting started. Now I’m stuck trying to find something I like

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

Are you looking for chairs also? 48" x 30"H

Best Master Selena 5-Piece Solid Wood Round Dinette Set in Weathered Gray · Más información

Best Master Darlington 5-Piece Solid Wood Round Dinette Set, Antique Black · Más información

kathyweather agradeció a everdebz
  • everdebz
    hace 2 años

30" H x 42" W

Homestyles Bishop Wood 5 Piece Dining Set in Black · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

D 47.24" / H 29.53" velvety black

Wendy Mid-Century Modern Dark Gray Fabric and Oak Medium Brown Wood Dining Set · Más información

• kathyweather
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

No chairs at the moment, unless I can't find something they work with.

• User
    hace 2 años

I love your room. It’s like a Giorgio De Chirico painting. I would go with a perfectly square table but anything will work.

• User
    hace 2 años

I don’t like glass topped tables but these might actually be a lot of fun. I especially like the second one.

Furniture of America Moya Glass Top Rectangle Dining Table in White · Más información

Bassett Mirror Company Buxton Octagon · Más información

Or...

Crescent Activity/Dining Table · Más información

• User
    hace 2 años

Beverly Dining Table - Antique White Finish · Más información

Venice Dining Table · Más información

Curve Button Tufted, Fabric Upholstered Dining Chair, Set of 2, Gray Velvet · Más información

Contemporary Modern Easy Edge Dining Table - Natural · Más información

Emma Mason Signature Apache Sky Gathering Table in Black Ice · Más información

The Cairo Dining Chair, Set of 2, Cream Velvet, Gold Legs · Más información

• User
    hace 2 años

Nice chairs for your space if you end up looking for chairs (depending on table)

Modrest Sapphire Modern Beige and Gray Dining Chair, Set of 2 · Más información

Gervin Recycled Leather Chair, Set of 2, Cordovan · Más información

Vasatin Fabric Chair Dark Walnut Frame, Studio (Set Of 2) · Más información

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    hace 2 años

We most likely would recommend trying a round or oval shaped table. Here are some ideas from various designs of ours. Hopefully they will help you decide what kind of table you want in your dining room space.

Leather District Loft · Más información

Oyster Harbors Estate: Dining Room · Más información

Seaport High Rise: Dining Room · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.