Houzz Logo Print
webuser_879050637

What material is this made from?

mom
hace 2 años
Is this wood or composite? If it is Trex, could you please tell me what color it is?
Private Residence-Remodel/Addition · Más información

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    George Pendleton & Co., Inc.
    hace 2 años

The decking material is Ipe’ which is an exotic hardwood from Central America. It is finished using “Penofin” deep penetrating Rosewood oil for hardwood. For more general information visit www.ipedecking.com

• PRO
    hace 2 años

This would be one of our porches constructed using Trex-transcend color:spice

• mom
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

That is beautiful! Thank you for the information. I am looking for a color for my new deck.

• mom
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Is this Trex or an exotic hardwood from Central America? I received two answers!

• PRO
    hace 2 años

The first picture you inquired about is Ipe’. The additional photo posted is Trex. Trex will probably be half the initial cost and require less maintenance. The Ipe is absolutely stunning, will last forever but will naturally turn a beautiful gray without yearly application of oil. The wood is so dense the oil simply can’t penetrate deep enough to prevent the natural change of color due to weather. However...it also doesn’t rot and it seems immune to wood boring bugs. My client pressure washes, lightly sands and reseals annually to keep the look. Other clients will let theirs turn gray and naturally weather to avoid the cost of maintenance or because they prefer the silver color. Pictured is a piece of Ipe salvaged from the Atlantic City Boardwalk after being untreated at the beach front conditions for forty years. The lack of deterioration is truly impressive. More information then you may have wanted...best of luck with your project!

• mom
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.