jennifer_white7457

Help black windows on back GRIDS or NO GRIDS?

Jennifer White
hace 3 años

Hello and help! We are ordering black windows and I am doing 2x3 grids on the front and struggling with what I should do on the back of the house. All natural white oak floors all white walls but I am struggling with grids or no grids on the back of the house. I love the traditional house and I love the modern look. We would love to change the lower left window on the back to look like the last photo with grids but would it be terrible to do the rest in open picture windows? We are for sure doing no grids on the slider. Is there a modern but still pretty alternative kitchen window w/ no grids for the kitchen? I want it to be cohesive but I love both. Any and all opinions welcome!!!!! I order windows TODAY and it’s a huge huge purchase. Oh and yes we had a house fire the week prior to Christmas in 2020. Fun way to end the year lol! The back windows will not have a transom and I did a black electrical tape mock up for fun. Thank you all!

Comentarios (16)

• stiley
    hace 3 años

Not an expert, but I think grids would add some architectural detail to the back of the house. I think the black will look nice. While you're thinking about windows, any chance you could eliminate the half-round transom on the front? I'm sorry about your fire but hope you're able to have fun redoing things.

Funny, here's the ad that shows on my screen beside your post. The grids on this house add a lot.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    hace 3 años

Sorry about the fire. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

I agree with the very open grid, or non-gridded option.

• Jennifer White
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you for your response! We ARE eliminating the half circle and making those windows larger YES, totally agree! I’ve hated that window since we bought the house! Thank you for your sentiments. Everyone is safe and the trauma is behind us. Now the new fun of building begins! 💕 Any and all suggestions welcome! I love both ugh

• Jennifer White
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Also, we are also residing our house and will go lighter gray!

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    hace 3 años

Good looking crew. You are at a numerical disadvantage there...but I am sure you manage.

• stiley
    hace 3 años

After seeing your pics above (cute family!), I'm more convinced that your house needs the grids. I live in an 80s soft contemporary, and we went with the no grids like you show in your last inspiration picture. The grids like you show above are more modern that traditional grids and will help push your house that direction without looking out of place. Are you working with a designer? Windows are such a large purchase that you may want professional advice.

• Jennifer White
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

My designer is out of town and I had a last min desire to go modern and need direction and groundedness! Lol

• acm
    hace 3 años

(I'd also take the shutters off the upper front windows -- too small for double windows!)

• Jennifer White
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Yep! They are getting the boot too! Would you do grids or no grids on the back? Mind you the kitchen window I posted is getting added to the back lower left back side of the house. Almost triple the size.

• Usuario de Houzz-187528210
    hace 3 años

I like grids. But not tons. Do it minimally. I love stileys first picture and how the designer of that home incorporated some plainer ones on the lower level with minimal gridding on the upper. I’d copy that.

• Therese N
    hace 3 años

I love black windows with large grids. Do at least all of them in your public rooms for continuity from inside. Do all on front elevation (obv.) Have you chosen window vendor/brand?

Hubs just retired from FD. They’re awful to go through and rebuild from. That said, there is at least some tiny consolation in getting everything all new again. Just tiny, though 👌🏻 especially if you lost irreplaceable items. Not exactly the favored way to get a remodel. Good luck.

• PRO
    Renaissance GSB
    hace 3 años

Hello Jennifer White,

Sorry about your house fire. I would go with grids on your back of the house to add more character, at the same time you want to make sure your manufacture has narrow site lines so it does not intrude on your view to the outside. For your kitchen window I love the idea of going with an accent piece! Best of luck with your project!

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    hace 3 años

I just wanna say you are such an adorable family. Glad you’re safe.

• Jennifer White
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you! That picture was taken a week before the fire. Little did I know I’d be building a new house soon! 😂 Thanks all.

• Jo Ingram
    el último año

Hello I was wondering if you could post which way you decided to go. We are replacing windows with black and I wanted the style grids that you posted on a similar house type but my window talked me into selecting 2rows 3columns. If you went with the grid did you go with picture windows or are they double hung?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.