krista_themomof5

I'm buying a house with blue carpet. I need ideas!

Krista Thompson
hace 3 años

I am getting near closing on a new home. we do not have the money to replace the floors right now, so I am hoping for ideas on paint colors!! i will incorporate the kitchen area too since the floors do not match! I intend on fixing up the cabinets and counters and will have stainless steel appliances. The floors are better represented in the first 4 photos. I will also remove the strange frame above the fireplace!

Comentarios (13)

• Yayagal
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años
  • PRO
  • aprilneverends
    hace 3 años

The paint color will need to work with the carpet, brick fireplace, flooring in the kitchen, and cabinetry/countertops(you said you're going fix them..does it mean they'll be another color?)

So given all that..either white/off white, or a very light version of complex nice blue-unless you're sick of so much blue of course.

I like the house..wish a smooth processs of closing.

If you tell a bit more about what you intend for the kitchen (and when), might be helpful to give better advice.

If not for the kitchen floors that need to work with the color too, and they are actually more demanding than carpet, imo..you'd be good with many colors, would depend on how much you want to blend or to contrast, and what vibe you're going for.

• Krista Thompson
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I intend on painting the cabinets. I have not decided on black or white but it'll go either way. My husband wants black but I believe that'll be too much of a contrast, I want white but he does not believe that works with the rounded corners lol. and then we'll do a tan granite countertop.

I definitely don't want to do blue on the walls because we also have some teal and blue furniture so it would be way too much blue. I also intend on making the molding and the baseboard bright white.

• aprilneverends
    hace 3 años

Ok. No blue then. Tan countertops. to me, kinda take away a possibility of very light gray(or very dark off white lol), that might have worked with the flooring in the kitchen..

of course we all picture a bit different color when we say "tan", so..

that's a bit of a guessing game.

then tan needs to work with the tile flooring too.

but if you're into more colorful intense space..it can be done. Would be harder to pull off though..the big space, corners, vaulted ceiling..

Easier to use with furnishings etc, than with wall paint.

So. I propose to start with the right white ..at least until you know your cabinets and countertops.

Also., Can you do that first, paint later? As most of it is white already. And looks not bad at all. I know it's harder when one's already in the house, but easier in terms of picking colors. One always moves, or tries to, from less color variety (as in countertop surfaces -a lot to choose from yet there's a limit on what they can be) to one that can be virtually anything, as in paint.

But if you paint now-whites will work.

It needs to be right white/off-white, that would work nicely allover..that can be easy or not to pick, depending on the lighting different places get, etc.

But it's probably still the safest way to go while you're figuring out the rest. And you might love it enough to stay.

You didn't ask me, but i like stain on your cabinets..:)

Again, wishing you smooth process of closure, and having fun making it yours.

• cat_ky
    hace 3 años

There is hardwood in that entry way. Are you absolutely sure, that same hardwood, doesnt run under that blue carpet? If there is, you may be able to just get rid of the blue carpet.

• Krista Thompson
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I lifted the carpet it goes down to the under flooring. or whatever that's called. there's no hardwood underneath 😭

• Alice Edwards
    hace 3 años

We used a color called Mesa Tumbleweed in our living room. I could not find s goof beige and had navy love seat and such. Beiges were not working. May be a color to look at for your interior? Just a suggestion, very nice new home, btw.

• Alice Edwards
    hace 3 años

‘Goof’ beige, lol, was getting late! Good beige :).

• happyleg
    hace 3 años

I would choose a soft white colour and paint out the blue I had a blue rug in this house when I moved in now I have wood floors

• everdebz
    hace 3 años

My room with similar carpeting is painted pale blue which is nice with turquoise/ teals; other room with white walls looks good with gold /yellow accents.

So imo pale blue wouldn't be awful but off-white seems good.

• MarleneM
    hace 3 años

I find it easier to make decisions when I look at photos for inspiration. Photo below looks similar to your carpet. I like how this looks with wall colour, white trim and wood tone of the furniture. If you like this look grab swatches of light grieves and taupes.
    https://www.houzz.com/photos/linner-road-2-story-transitional-home-office-minneapolis-phvw-vp~142041244

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.