Houzz Logo Print
swetha_rajendiran81

white macaubas quartzite backsplash with gray cabinets

Rookie Mom
hace 3 años

Hello all,

I am planning to use white Macaubas quartzite for my kitchen countertops with gray cabinets (cabinets are sw pavestone as pictured below).
I am thinking if I should use the same quartzite as the backsplash as well. Do anyone have pictures of using the white macaubas for the counter+backsplash with gray cabinets.
It would great if you can share pictures and also the flooring you have.
I am not sure if I should go with light flooring (LVP) so any suggestions would help!

Also, I will be getting a sample of the quartzite and testing it but if folks can provide feedback on how it has been holding up , would be very helpful since we are pretty rough with our kitchens.

Comentarios (12)

• Rookie Mom
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Bump

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I used Fantasy Macaubus quartzite with gray cabinets (Benjamin Moore Silver Shadow with a pearl sheen) and charcoal slate tile. The walls are matte Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. The result is quite cold. Photos below. (Still a work in progress.) Therefore, I would suggest you consider hardwood floors and a backsplash with warmer tones. Maybe yellow? Yellow and gray pair beautifully together. I also love pink and gray.

• Rookie Mom
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Makes sense , thanks for the pictures .. when you say yellow, do you mean more of cream/beige?

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años

LOL. No.

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años

Maybe too bold. There are other ways to add warmth to the kitchen palette- such as metals for cabinet hardware, appliances, hood, etc...

Are you planning to hone the quartzite?

• Rookie Mom
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ah yes too bold.. No I am planning to have them polished .. the appliances would be stainless steel .. open to having hardware with black or gold

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años

Then run that quartzite up to the backsplash. But I suggest you consider honing the quartzite.

• Rookie Mom
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Wouldn’t polished stone be better for stains? Is there a reason you suggest honing it?

• taliaferro
    hace 3 años

I don’t believe properly sealed polished quartzite is better for stains. As for etching, I believe honed stone is less noticeable. I am actually recommending honing the stone for aesthetic reasons. The effect is very soft, which translates as a warmth.

• PRO
    Morningstar Stone & Tile
    hace 3 años

All materials are sealed, regardless of finish - Polished, honed, or leathered (also know as brushed, antiqued, etc). So, don't let that be a worry with your selection

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.