ktania

nice bathroom - have no ideas!

ktania
hace 10 años
This is how my new bathroom looks like.I want to put some style on
in. I like its modern style but I thinkmy options are limited
bacause of the walls' colour. I would appreciate your help!

Comentarios (85)

• PRO
    The Sunshine Art Gallery
    hace 10 años
    Must agree with the many suggestions to simply compliment a beautiful area by adding some art on walls, this will bring it all together..
    ktania agradeció a The Sunshine Art Gallery
  • PRO
    Effortless Chic
    hace 10 años
    i'd go for a few large and shiny accents ( vases, jars, etc.) in cobalt blue, or dark teal, or bright yellow, whatever color speaks to you, and probably rattan basket to soften a place a bit.
    ktania agradeció a Effortless Chic
  • Lisa M. Rogers
    hace 10 años
    I think you need a warm color to offset the enormous amount of stone/tile in the room. There are some beautiful warm grey brown towels now, that would look nice as a backdrop, with maybe rich red or orange hand towels to make it pop. I can't see the inclusions in the stone, but they will usually tell you the color story.
    ktania agradeció a Lisa M. Rogers
  • tives
    hace 10 años
    Now you have an excuse to get luxurious fluffy bath towels! Have fun picking out your favorite color, because almost any color would look nice.
    ktania agradeció a tives
  • Elaine Postley
    hace 10 años
    This looks like limestone which is lovely and practical.

I have it in a large Master Bath with dark brown "Emperor" marble trim.

The unified look is great for a smaller bath. I would use a combo of white and chocolate brown towels. Some of the white towels could have dark brown accents.

Because the limestone looks so natural and ocean like. Accessories with marine themes, like shells, coral, driftwood are very pretty. All the sea green and blue colors with white or cream look lovely. Corals of all shades look beautiful. Think texture and color. Can you do a tempered glass wall in the bath to keep the shower from splashing?

A simple white linen like shower curtain on a curved rod would be crisp and pretty ( with a liner, please) .

Use brushed pewter or dark rubbed bronze hardware if possible.

Use simple white orchids. (Or, any color you love) Costco and Home Depot have reasonable prices. If you have a window, they will keep coming back!

Add a textured white or woven straw mat for rugs.

Great bathroom, and VERY practical.
    ktania agradeció a Elaine Postley
  • aletabadowski
    hace 10 años
    White and beige is a great canvas for adding a bright color - however varying shades of teal for towels, vases and accessories etc would make it very spa-like. Wooden bath brushes, loofahs and sponges, candles and pebbles - very relaxing.
    ktania agradeció a aletabadowski
  • Shannon Olden
    hace 10 años
    your own colour plus some plants/greenery. towels, rug and a small art piece beside the mirror. (something that can withstand the steam).voila you are done!
    ktania agradeció a Shannon Olden
  • ktania
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    wow nekanetta! how did you do that??is it a computer's programme?;)
  • pattiweisner
    hace 10 años
    Chocolate brown would be nice but consider black accessories also. Is that a mirror on the right side? Could it be framed in whatever bold colour you choose?
  • Christina
    hace 10 años
    Totally agree with nekaetta, some wood to soften and balance all the stone.

Ferns do very well in bathrooms, they are very low maintenance and bring life and color in. http://www.hgtv.com/gardening/bathroom-oasis-fern-choices/index.html

I don't think it needs a "pop" of color, your beautiful stone is the main feature and focal point of the design. Adding bright colors and/or more hardness in the form of metals and glossy paints will just compete with the stone and make it feel busy and stressful in there rather than soothing. After adding some wood, neutral colors (especially white) will compliment the stone instead of competing with it, and keep it classy and relaxing.

Beautiful bathroom so far!
  • Maureen Lauzier
    hace 10 años
    How about removing the glass door on the tub and adding a shower curtain, curtains soften a look let you add color and are easy to change when you want a new look. I would choose chocolate
    ktania agradeció a Maureen Lauzier
  • PRO
    olmagazine
    hace 10 años
    Beige goes with everything! You need some colorful artwork above toilet (I would suggest something with several bold colors), and big fluffy rug and towels that pick up artwork color. As nekanneta suggested, plants are great too, they bring life to a cold or hard space.
  • ladamaxx3
    hace 10 años
    I loved nekanettas idea. I wouldn´t change the door for curtains. What I would do is cover the wall over the toilet with a BIG unframed mirror, to make all the place look bigger.
    ktania agradeció a ladamaxx3
  • ljordan7
    hace 10 años
    I would not recommend a shower curtain because it would make your room appear much smaller...the glass door adds "depth" to the room...you can immediately see all the way to the back wall of the shower, thus creating more depth...whereas, a shower curtain would cut that space off . I agree with either a bold color as an accent or softer cream/beige if you want to keep it neutral...mono chromatic color schemes are beautiful....if done tastefully.... and perhaps a lager mirror
    ktania agradeció a ljordan7
  • ljordan7
    hace 10 años
    I would also change the hardware on the shower door, shower hardware , faucets to oil rubbed bronze
    ktania agradeció a ljordan7
  • marsia
    hace 10 años
    Ktania, I would look at other natural stone bathrooms on houzz - I just did a search on "modern natural stone bathroom" photos, and notice that the modern bathrooms seem to play with darks and lights in a neutral palette, and often add wood for warmth and to add another understated texture that does not compete - this way you can see pictures of what many others suggested above.

I agree with the people who say to add sconces and to not just have one glarey central overhead light. It would do wonders for your space to have more than one layer of lighting, and having said that, I realize that you may not want to do major changes to a finished bath, but you may want to check out a lighting designer's website like Randall Whitehead, who has great tutorials on his site.
    ktania agradeció a marsia
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    hace 10 años
    What sort of storage space do you have in the room? I have a similar room, but there is a large counter with cabinets on each side with shelves and storage underneath. I think you have a storage dilemma but I like the clean look.. I wouldn't add any art at all. I have a rug and towels that compliment (sorta) and that's all. It's too lovely of a clean space to clutter with unnecessary things. I put a little sculpture to show you. The marble is a light gray and the walls are a light robin's egg blue to match the tones in the stone. Glass round tiles added the blue color scheme. Light night under edge of sink counters is very helpful.. If I had to add art, I just think it would be ruining such a classic bathroom... A rug might do the trick. I can add photos of the other bath and the grass rugs.. they are really nice and also give that touch of interest you might need.
    ktania agradeció a hurst visual solutions
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    hace 10 años
    rugs in other bathroom
  • JAC Frances
    hace 10 años
    Love your bath. I agree with those who have suggested a color. I had a bath that looked similar and added a beautiful piece on the wall that added character and a focal point. What's your favorite color? Use it as an accent. If you don't have one think of these: deep coral, dark brown, blues.
    ktania agradeció a JAC Frances
  • PRO
    Lamp & Shade Works
    hace 10 años
    I agree with the ideas to add some crystal. It will bring a subtle change that draws your eye away from all the stone. I would put a fixture above the mirror/cabinet and if that is a light in the center I would also change that to something crystal or choose a warmer color tone lightbulb. I would stay in the 2700-3000 Kelvin range. I have attached a few photos of lighting options we sell over at Lamp & Shade WORKS. www.mylampshadeworks.com
    ktania agradeció a Lamp & Shade Works
  • suzykparis
    hace 10 años
    I like the bath too. I think bold color would be wrong for that room, too much of a contrast. Look at all the colors in your tile; white, beige, light brown, etc. Play off those colors with towels, or use soft greens or blues if you want color. Fabric will warm the space too; a shag throw rug will help, as will thick, spa-like towels. Spend more on the quality of the accents, towels, etc., vs having a lot of color that distracts from the beauty of the natural stone.

Be mindful of artwork; use it but thoughtfully. I suggest you bring the outdoors in with a picture of the light sky, or a meadow, etc. That will help because you have no window to bring the outdoors in. If you are handy, you can take pictures yourself of the outdoors, find the best one, then have it made into a poster at your local pro camera or arts and crafts shop, with a frame that complements the picture and the stone. It is a great conversation piece and shows your creativity, wherever you place such works in your home. A picture converted to sepia tones would be beautiful.

As others have said, things that reflect light will help make it seem bigger, and wood would soften all the stone. Ceramic is shiny, consider ceramic soap holder, toothbrush cup, little statue, etc. The teak color that one person had in the photo-shopped image of your bathroom was a nice color contrast, and it keeps with the natural, spa-like theme of the stone and warms it up. Get a mirror for over the sink with a wooden frame.

Good luck and have fun!
    ktania agradeció a suzykparis
  • karemore55
    hace 10 años
    Just to warn everyone about the glass door idea - it will really increase the time you spend scrubbing in there! And it makes it awkward to get at the whole area for cleaning, so make sure you know a good chiropractor lol. Also, it will be difficult to bath a baby or children in that tub with a glass enclosure, however, maybe this is not an issue if it is an ensuite bath or you have another tub elsewhere in the house. But everyone is contributing such great ideas, your already beautiful bathroom is sure to become breathtaking!
    ktania agradeció a karemore55
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    hace 10 años
    The glass doors I love.. all you need is a small squeegee.. One of mine has only about an 8" lip at the floor, the other has a large step over and I know it's awkward to step in and out of a jacuzzi tub because of the height. I think you need to worry about babies and children is you need to - or maybe you don't. A bath chair can be sat in there and remove the shower hose for a fun bath. Lay down a towel IN the tub and as you step out. I think you'll be safe.
  • cindiperez
    hace 10 años
    I would use grey as an accent. Very light grey on the celing and bring in natural wood objects to keep the look soothing and spa-like.
    ktania agradeció a cindiperez
  • littlemissk
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Just a thought. I think you need to add a touch of softness by adding fabric to your beautiful bathroom; whether it be monochromatic and textural in nature, glitzy/glamorous or patterned and loaded with color. There's so much going on with your tile I think I would keep it simple and go monochromatic and textural. Might I suggest you purchase a 4 1/2" wide Continental curtain rod and have a custom curtain made to traverse the length of your bath/shower where the top part that wraps the rod be made to look like a ruched valance and beginning from where your glass enclosure begins to what appears to be your wall holding the towel rack have a drapery panel that attaches to that valance in the same fabric so it all looks like one drapery and pulled to the side with a flat tie-back in the same fabric. The fabric should be light enough in texture that you can use allot of it to push it together to make it look sumptuous, perhaps something in an ivory/gold with either a vertical stripe or a pattern that mimics natural bamboo; perhaps white with threads of vertical gold running through it. Then some very white fluffy towels that are trimmed with gold and a beautiful white orchid (phalaenopsis) on that ledge over your commode in a long rectangular Ikebana vase in a jewel-tone color such as emerald.

http://www.swagsgalore.com/kirsch-continental-one-curtain-rods-4-and-one-half-inches-wide.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&color=White&gclid=COWT06Kvj7kCFeU5QgodyG0ApA

Since the drape would be decorative and not needed for keeping water inside shower/tub, a gossamer type fabric would work nicely, perhaps like this link only with golden streaks through it.

PLAN Architecture, PLLC · Más información

PS: Get a good squeegee to clean the glass after every shower and it'll stay nice for years.
    ktania agradeció a littlemissk
  • sivilla
    hace 10 años
    Candles and some warm dark brown towels and runs!!
    ktania agradeció a sivilla
  • sivilla
    hace 10 años
    YES...I agree with the squeegee....a MUST....plus keep the walls dry too, otherwise you'll regret it!
    ktania agradeció a sivilla
  • Jen L
    hace 10 años
    I would do a wooden/bamboo tile bath mat on the floor (they have some real nice ones at Target), and some natural green glass accessories on top of the ledge.
    ktania agradeció a Jen L
  • PRO
    RM Interiors
    hace 10 años
    I would paint the ceiling a nice warm grey that you can pull from the tile.
    ktania agradeció a RM Interiors
  • merrigay
    hace 10 años
    I'll probably get criticized but I wouldn't add a lot of color. Love the photo where the orchid was added but I'd make more of a statement with a larger plant or piece of artwork there. I like my bathroom calm so I'd use a little bling without color: neutral towels with some sort of elegant trim (satin, rhinestone, etc), pictures with off white interesting frames of botanical or whimsical prints. If you collect something that can be framed mounted, the bath is sometimes an interesting place to put it. Also, loved the shag bathroom rugs someone showed. Nice way to add some softness.
    ktania agradeció a merrigay
  • marshavg
    hace 10 años
    Large ornate baroque mirror with bronzed frame. Monogrammed towels. Paint ceiling one of the lighter colors in tile. Greenery anywhere you can fit it. No black please. Candles or some of the bathroom accessories from pottery barn. These colors and tile are similar to my bathroom and it looks great. Also nice soap dishes with nice soaps. Can't see your whole space so fit these suggestions in where you can.
    ktania agradeció a marshavg
  • Elizabeth
    hace 10 años
    Maybe a seafoam green on the ceiling. Incorporate the color into your accessories. Bring a little greenery in and tone down the light. This would be a perfect "beachy bathroom". You can use a print in your towels and other accessories, just make it smaller than what is on your tiles.
    ktania agradeció a Elizabeth
  • Nekanetta
    hace 10 años
    Keep it simple and elegant. The nice thing about the bath is the purity and clean sensation and not to feel like in a cave. I reckon that you will regreat if you paint the ceiling that will take off a lot of light, and you will end up changing the illumination too. Does the bath have any natural light coming from a window?
    ktania agradeció a Nekanetta
  • marshavg
    hace 10 años
    My painter told me to paint my white ceiling-1/2 the wall color. It is painted a very light color and actually brightened and lightened the bathroom. It made it look taller and didn't distract from the beautiful tile. I'd leave that bathroom simple, but it does need greenery and candles. You'd be amazed how much color that adds.
    ktania agradeció a marshavg
  • ktania
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    thank you all for your comments!;)
    nekanetta the bath has no window..
  • PRO
    Yunfu HuanJian Stone Ltd.
    hace 10 años
    I would like to suggest to decorate the wall in front of us with an art picture.
    ktania agradeció a Yunfu HuanJian Stone Ltd.
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    hace 10 años
    nekanetta - I agree that a bathroom is a place to go get clean and because of the form and function, I believe sitting around "things" for the sake of "things" is unnecessary. I think some soap and clean plush white and tan towels. Hide all the razor blades and shampoos under the sink in a basket. A hand towel near the sink and a nice pump soap and lotion. Nothing else.
  • Momof5x
    hace 10 años
    I would paint the ceiling an off white or cream colour to match both the bathroom utilities and the tiling. The tiling is a great colour, it will go with any classic bathroom accessories, set of towels etc. You could consider putting a towel rail on the ledge above the toilet or back wall of bath tub and use ledge for decorative items.

Here are some ideas from Houzz pages:

Raveninside Interior Design · Más información

Home in Corte Madera · Más información

Tresured Bathroom · Más información

Beach Houses · Más información
    ktania agradeció a Momof5x
  • Karin Madgwick
    hace 10 años
    I have a similar colour bathroom see attached photo.
  • lepstein
    hace 10 años
    I'm only at the beginning of the comments, so excuse me if I repeat. Your bathroom is so monochromatic and neutral that the world is your oyster. In other words, you could choose almost any colour (personally, I would go to a deep burgundy or wine) for accessories such as towels and jars. I'd also get a fancier light fixture (perhaps one that would ordinarily go in another room such as a small chandelier. It's a great room. Just needs some colour.
    ktania agradeció a lepstein
  • Beth Kent
    hace 10 años
    PLANTS!!!! They will bring things alive. Many philodendrons and ferns will live without any direct light. Then colorful accessories are the name of the game. Have a ball!!
    ktania agradeció a Beth Kent
  • pattipat
    hace 10 años
    I personally love neutral bathrooms and then you can add any color with towels and accessories. I liked everyone's ideas about rich colors, but I have to say the pictures Natalie included sold me on the black theme. I think that would be VERY elegant.
    ktania agradeció a pattipat
  • lepstein
    hace 10 años
    I loved nekanetta's natural wood features that totally warmed up the space and took it to another level. It still leaves room for any colour you might want, but sticks to a more or less monochromatic colour scheme if you choose to do so.
    ktania agradeció a lepstein
  • PRO
    InteriorsbyDesign
    hace 10 años
    Very pretty bathroom, albeit busy tile. I would keep this bathroom as clean and streamlined as possible. you did say that you like modern...so, crystal light fixtures, baroque mirrors, frilly valances, patterned anything would just be another overpowering addition.
    Looks like you have either a half or full glass panel attached to the tub, and not an operable door. Is that correct? I would not put anything over this, like a shower curtain. It would not make much sense with the glass panel or door.
    If the ceiling fixture is not a light tube, you can add something simple and modern. If this is a light tube, maybe you can somehow encase it
    with a custom frame so it looks more attractive. Looks like you
    already have a modern mirror over the sink. Since we cannot see the
    style.... If you like it, leave it. If not, again keep it very simple and streamlined.
    If you do not have any light fixtures in here, I can't tell if there is room
    to add some on either side of the mirror, above the mirror, or add one
    with attached sconces. Is that even possible...Drilling through tile? Is
    there access to electrical connections?
    As far as color, there are several options. My preference would be neutral. Nothing to compete with your tiles. No patterns. With your
    existing tile color, you can change towels as you wish. But, I would
    keep it simple, modern. White,Chocolate browns, ecru, off- white, dark taupe. Colors picked up from your tiles. I love Restoration Hardware towels. They are thick and luxurious. And, check out their light fixtures and accessories. Simple and classic.
    Accessories can be teak wood. Moisture-resistant and classically modern. They make tub mats, floor mats, bathroom accessories, shelves... I've seen teak and chrome combinations that are gorgeous. Simple candle holders, glass jars for soaps, bath salts, etc...orchids, art pieces, small framed art on shelves....accessories on the ledge above the toilet. These accessories and shelves can be in Chrome/glass, teak wood, or a mix of any of these.
    If you like soft underfoot, I like the high quality shaggy, loopy rugs as shown above. Good luck!
  • Natalie
    hace 10 años
    Still sticking with black for this space...
    [houzz=
    www.myplumdesign.com or www.mcgilldesign.ca · Más información
    ]
  • Rhodalynn
    hace 10 años
    Your bathroom is so pretty it doesn't really need much. Maybe some pretty taupe towels and a different ceiling light. Some little accessories on that little shelf. Maybe all in chrome or ivory. Don't overdo it. It's so beautiful as it is.
  • leelee
    hace 10 años
    You could go with almost any color. Go to a department store that has a good selection of towels and bring home a bath size towel in 5 or 6 colors you're drawn to. Hang each, one at a time and take a picture. Look at each pic to see which you like best--give us a look too and we'll help you decide. Then work off the towel color for the other touches like art prints, etc. Maybe look for grays, rich browns, corals, aquas, purples. The right towels will give you inspiration.

Great bath--well done.
  • leelee
    hace 10 años
    Be careful of going too dark with your towels--lint will be a problem.
  • Maria Smith
    hace 10 años
    Who was your contractor? Because mine sucks! I need somebody to finish my bathroom, we had to fire this guy.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.