Houzz Logo Print
vmurphy69

Design help for fireplace surround

vmurphy69
hace 3 años

How would you paint this fireplace surround and wall? Same color for all? Darker color for the bump out areas? Or some other combination? The floors are now Brazilian Cherry, the TV is mounted above the fireplace, and the furniture is dark brown leather sectional, like you see in the mockups. I've been staring at these walls for 15 years, so I welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

Comentarios (7)

• M Brown
    hace 3 años

Just a different thought for you. If your fireplace is a working fireplace, you should not mount a tv above it.

vmurphy69 agradeció a M Brown
  • PRO
    Everything Home
    hace 3 años

We think these images from designs we have completed might help. Notice the book case color in the first image. It might work really well with what colors you're looking at doing.

You Want Warm and Cozy? · Más información

Home Among the Willows · Más información

vmurphy69 agradeció a Everything Home
  • vmurphy69
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! M Brown, I didn't think about the TV being over the fireplace. It is a working fireplace, but we never use it, so that shouldn't be an issue. decoenthusiaste, our adjoining space is a light smoky blue, and I agree, the blue and brown look great together.

We are still playing around with colors but haven't found that "wow" combination. If anyone has thoughts on what to do with those bump-out areas, please let me know.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Hansen Wholesale
    hace 3 años

I don't see painting parts of the wall as a viable solution. I would either paint the entire wall a different color as suggested by @decoenthusiaste or flatten the wall out entirely and redesign the fireplace completely.

Can you post some more current pictures of the room now that the floors are done and other changes have been made. It would be nice to see the rest of the walls and so we can get a better feel for the home.

• PRO
    Lisa Caudill Designs
    hace 3 años

Wallpaper that pulls together the blue and brown in the space inside the mouldings. A couple of visual inspos for you as well with a wallpaper

• Usuario de Houzz-187528210
    hace 3 años

Definitely one color.
    I looove!! Blue also. There are so many shades that you can go with another one if you don’t want so much of the same.
    I’d also remove those decorative things within the squares...
    Wallpaper is also a nice idea. And I’m obsessed with wallpaper everything. So I think that can be an option too. Although I think I’d personally go with paint here.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.