Houzz Logo Print
kmschwarz4

Home Office Window Treatment

Mackay Schwarz
hace 3 años

I would appreciate any ideas for window treatments for our home office. The wooden blinds take care of the sunlight, I am just looking for a finishing touch. Thank you!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Magy Interiors LLC
    hace 3 años

Hi Mackay,

I would offer you two options:

Option A - Two simple panels, one on each side. It will bring the room together without making the room busier and bring it together for a more cohesive look.

Option B - Mock Roman shades on top. Roman shades don't have fabrics on the side and come from the ceiling. It'll add a more decorative touch without making the room busier as well.

I would suggest a very neutral color with a natural finish like linen. White would be too bright in the space.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Stephanie

• User
    hace 3 años

You can buy a curtain rod that fits exactly into a space like that to hang drapes that are functional. I would make them full length, so the touch the bottom of the overhang and reach the floor..

Question is whether you want a serene feeling, even rather sheer, or something with energy to keep you stimulated in your workspace and make it a unique all-yours space to be.

colors don’t read true on my screen so im looking into your space and thinking “would it be a nice surprise to have a plush solid drape in a pastel ? Or Chocolat?”

But if I wanted energy I might do these

Curtain With Grommets Bellecour, White and Gray, 78.7"x106.3" · Más información

• Mackay Schwarz
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you!

• Mackay Schwarz
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Stephanie, when you say the Roman shades come from the ceiling, how do you mean? Also, would I have someone custom make them? Thank you so much for your help!!

• ratherbesewing
    hace 3 años

I prefer the Roman blinds in the first photo. Since you already have blinds, this treatment can be “faux” which means less fabric and non operational. The romans could be mounted close to the bulkhead ceiling. Side panels are an option, but I am concerned that they might look squished in due to the built in.

• User
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Just want to point out that your windows are slightly but significantly different than the ones in the other photos

also, i think it makes a difference that you are not using your bay for furniture. That makes the windows more of a stand alone feature in your space.. You can make the windows fade more in the background by your choice of treatment, or you can draw more attention to their form and character, or use them to frame the outdoor scene. Your office! Have fun.

• Maureen
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Adding additional window treatment could overwhelm windows and probably darken room, but here is a simple solution with drapes.

If it were me, I’d add a bench and a plant, if you just want a finishing touch in that space

• PRO
    Magy Interiors
    hace 3 años

Hi Mackay,

The roman valances, can be installed on the ceiling as in sketches. Another way, is inside the window casing as @ratherbesewing's first picture.
    If decided for the side panels I would do the two but with a simple metal rod following the window shape.
    Best fit window treatment are custom made.

Best

Magy

Magy Interiors, LLC

• shadylady2u
    hace 3 años

I wouldn't do panels. Too much I think. Faux roman shades would work nice, but I wouldn't put up to the ceiling. Shades and valances look best mounted closer to the top of the window, or at least not to the ceiling. Not sure how many faux romans are readymade, but you can measure your windows and do a search. Maybe Etsy. If not, you'd have to go custom.

• Mackay Schwarz
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Love this! Thank you!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.