Houzz Logo Print
onthebrinck

How capable is a Craftsman plow attachment on their 42" lawn tractor?

onthebrinck
hace 3 años

I've got a 100ft driveway and a 40'+/- x 40' car pad ... and a town that insists on plowing the street into the curb every time I clear my driveway. Central NJ hasn't had many storms in recent years, and we generally get 3-4 that amount to about 6-10" per year. I have a TORO 3-stage workhorse that handles everything ... except breaking through that ice jam at the curb. Will the lawn tractor and plow have that kind of power?

Comentarios (4)

• John D Zn6a PIT Pa
    hace 3 años

The first thing you need to check out is whether that tractor will run with chains and the mower deck still attached.

onthebrinck agradeció a John D Zn6a PIT Pa
  • onthebrinck
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Assuming they do, do you think the tractor powerful enough?

• PRO
    Kevins Small Engine and Tractor Service
    hace 3 años

Power isn't the issue, the transmission is not heavy enough to push snow, you will burn it out. Also, the tractor simply won't have the traction needed to push snow other than light, fluffy stuff. Plus you will not be able to wing it to the side once the banking on the sides of the drive starts piling up and the driveway will close in on you. Try pushing 4 inches of wet snow and it simply will not have the traction nor a transmission that can handle the torque required to push it. Think of it this way, try pushing a 4 ft piece of plywood through 6 inches of wet heavy snow. You need a real garden tractor with 23 inch rear wheels and a heavy transmission and frame. Something like a WheelHorse, John Deere 500 or 700 series, Simplicity prestige or legacy, etc. You will be much better off with a 28"+ walk behind blower of good quality such as Ariens, Simplicity, or Toro.

• onthebrinck
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

All good! Thanks, guys! I'll stick with my walk behind and a shovel for the curb.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.