Houzz Logo Print
glg620

What color rug to go with this couch!?

glg620
hace 10 años
I am redoing my living room and have already purchased a couch and 2 pillows i just LOVE. Trouble is, now I need an area rug!!! The room has warm caramel colored floors (Minwax New American on Oak) and the paint colors are going to be "crepe" with a "acorn spice" (both Behr) accent wall/area. Ignore the blue that is on the wall in the photo.

HELP!? Solid? Pattern? Only veto is anything Oriental, not my taste!

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Terracegallery
    hace 10 años
    I cannot tell if your middle pillow is red or not....I'd love to see some movement on the floor...something like this one or even the one that has some color similar to your sofa below right:

http://www.contemporaryrugmall.com/contemporary-red-and-tan-rug.aspx

Really LOVE this one:

http://www.rugshq.com/rugs/shaw-loft-red-cadential-17800-rug.html
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    hace 10 años
    I'd go with a beige rug that has some texture. Something like this!

• Dar Eckert
    hace 10 años
    Orange and blue is a very classic combination of colors so I would look for a rug with blue and orange in it. If you can't find one go for either orange or blue. I think you should consider leaving the blue walls as they will go great with your new sofa. Get pillows & art with that combination of colors.

Portfolio 2 · Más información

East Living Room in Spanish Oaks · Más información

Eclectic Family Room · Más información
  • PRO
    The Design Dossier Window Fashions LLC
    hace 10 años
    The area looks small so i would go with a bold graphic for the rug to ground the space. Make the pillows pop by incorporating those colors in your rug and be sure to use contrasts. Your sofa looks like a mid-tone, so don't go with another mid-tone. Good luck. Is that a wrought iron railing behind the sofa?
  • bliz179
    hace 10 años
    Can you tell us more about your style. Is the sofa going to be on the accent wall?
  • bliz179
    hace 10 años
    I like linlac's rug.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Karastan Carmel Palmero Rug · Más información
  • glg620
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks everyone.

Domoore Designs - yes, the room is actually quiet large and has a little "catwalk" hallway behind it for the bedrooms. The house is a back split. We just bought it last year.

The photo shows the wall where the couch is. We found the bright yellow stairs when we pulled up the carpet. It looks like the whole room was that color once b/c the baseboards were yellow too! yikes! The photo with the furniture was one of the sales pictures.
  • RosemaryR
    hace 10 años
    Your room can handle a large patterned rug. Try rugsusa.com and sort by colors you are thinking of, size, budget, etc. keep us posted.
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 10 años
    The room really feels 60's to me. I love it especially the railing. I think I would go modern with graphic rug in orange with sky blue or turquoise accents. Some black tables to tie into the black railing. What a lovely space.
  • Carol Woolf
    hace 10 años
    Lots of possibilities for this room and attaching a couple "Home Depot"
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.