Houzz Logo Print
ashley_dabrio

duraseal floor stains... refinishing and staining my red oak floors

Ash D
hace 3 años

Refinishing and staining my red oak floors. Need suggestions!

Originally wanted a lighter color but I think dark is the way to go with red oak. Which do you like best? I was trying to go for something like the photos attached.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 3 años

I'm assuming the first photo is your floor and the rest are from pinterest or something. Personally, I'd go with the one in the upper right, which looks like the existing color. It's a nice medium-toned neutral brown, which looks the most like a beautiful wood. Not a fan of gray or blue wood floors.

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 3 años

If you like your current colour then go ahead and put down a new version of it. If you want something different then I would go lighter. I love the look of red oak in the 'buff'. It is a pretty wheat/sand coloured wood.

So long as you work with a high-end water based polyurethane that does NOT yellow, you will have a very pretty 'pale wood' floor without much effort.

Your existing finish appears to be oil based (or oil modified) which makes the floor yellow. The strong gold tones in your wood right now = the finish.

Did your refinisher apply a coat of FINISH over your colour samples? If they did NOT....then you are picking BLIND. And I mean screaming and crying and tearing your hair because your beautiful gray floors turned to a muddy orange mess. Not good.

Do you see the pale colour of the raw wood? You can keep that colour (very close to it) with 3 coats of water based polyurethane like Bona Traffic HD. Keep the gloss level a snick on the low side (satin is a nice low-gloss option) and you keep that pretty 'swedish blonde' look.

• Elle
    hace 9 meses
    Última modificación: hace 9 meses

Hi can you tell me what stain you ended up going with? I am facing this question right now. I have red oak floors that I don't want to come out reddish or yellowish myself. Did you end up mixing two stain colors together? I am wondering if that would be a good option for us.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.