Houzz Logo Print
sherry_williams2539461

I need a Sherwin Williams equivalent of Benjamin Moore

Sherry Williams
hace 3 años

Help please. My painter will only use Sherwin Williams. I'm in love with Benjamin Moore Decorator's White. Is there a Sherwin Williams equivalent? I'm wanting a neutral white. It's for all of the house (walls, ceilings, baseboards, interior doors, kitchen cabinets). There will just be a few cabinets that will be painted in cool light blues & greens.

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Design & Build . . . by Roger Perron, Inc.
    hace 3 años

Hello, here's a link to an article that has some ideas for this:

https://www.southernliving.com/home/colors/sherwin-williams-pure-white

• User
    hace 3 años

what jck901 said. go to a real SW store, not Lowes. get a sample size mixed first, as different brands have base formulas, which can influence how it looks in subtle ways. but SW is quality, and I'll bet you'll be happy with the result.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

first off, your painter can use BM paint. To say "he only uses SW paint" is ridiculous. you're paying HIM to paint your house the color you want. Tell him you'll pay the diff in the cost for the BM Paint.

If he refuses, find a diff painter. if you really love decorators white, then use Decorators White.

secondly, you can't color match BM colors. they won't look exact. BM has their own tints and paint. Formula won't translate when using different additive. have them (Sherwin williams) mix up a sample for you and see if you like it.

Decorators White is a cooler white with slight gray undertones.

I would say, use the SW Extra White (or maybe Pure white) if you like Decorators white (once it's actually on the wall, you won't be able to tell much diff. )

• Marylee H
    hace 3 años

Nothing uber close. And they all, including Decorator’s White , have the potential to shift blueish in imbalanced lighting. So test crefully.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 3 años

Get a different painter, or buy your OWN paint, and tell him to get busy. Never heard of tolerating such BS...when YOU are footing the BILL.

Ben Moore is better quality, anyway.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 3 años

I never let a painter dictate what paint to use in my home. Tell him this is the deal or you will get another painter. The only reasn painters dictate this is taht they get a kick back from some paint companies . Where I live the cheapest crappy paint has the biggest kick back. I agree BM is better paint than SW too BTW before choosing a color make sure all your lighting is LEd bulbs in 4000K if you want any color to stay true.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 3 años

Extra White SW

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 3 años

He gets better pricing from SW than BM. Every painter has this option from the paint companies.

Every paint has good , better & best formulation. If he bid your job at a certain price point, he may have decided to use a lower quality of paint for the walls.

Either purchase your own paint, though you won't get the price he will get, or get a different painter. I agree that BM is better that SW.

• Sherry Williams
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you for everyone's comments. Let me clarify my situation. I'm building a new house. My builder uses one particular painter (so I can't get a different painter). That painter prefers to use Sherwin Williams paint. The painter has said that he will use Benjamin Moore, but the price will double from what he quoted with SW paint. He said the actual price of the BM paint is double the price of SW paint. I can't afford to pay double, but I really want BM Decorator's White. What BM formulation is recommended? I'm using it for every wall, ceiling, baseboard, interior door in the whole house. Thank you.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 3 años

Dashing SW 9544 is a color in the new Emerald Designer Edition color collection.

There is no discernible difference when you compare a chip to Decorator's White.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

you're using that white on every single surface? wow.

make sure you get semi gloss for the trim and doors, flat for ceiling (or eggshell) and eggshell for your walls

• rlcpd .
    hace 8 meses

SW has made 'BMoore' colors for me on several occasions. Perfect Matches every time!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.