Houzz Logo Print
lutz123

Exterior virtual makeover recommendation?

lutz123
hace 3 años

We just moved into a aplit foyer that's in desperate need of a facelift. We are thinking of using a virtual design service to help pull it together. We are hesitant to use the full services of an architect as we primarily will be updating facade (siding/windows/door/garage) rather than structural changes. We would however like to add a portico if possible, though the cantilevered section and 4 foot eaves may make that a challenge.
Brick &Batten is everywhere and their before/afters look great, but I've heard mixed reviews, the negatives being that you pay for one design and there is no communication. Has anyone used them? Any other companies to consider? We've already had the roof done as we needed it completed before winter.

Comentarios (6)

• lutz123
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

• lutz123
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks. I'm not sure I understand why changing out windows, siding, and a garage door would require an architect? Our builder is one we trust - we simply want to see things visually pulled together.

• User
    hace 3 años

You’re adding a portico. That needs an architect. A trained design eye will make it a whole rather than a collection of interesting features trying to out compete each other.

• lutz123
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks, and yes I agree. Portico is a maybe, the other changes are a must. Trying to prioritize where our dollars go if we approach this incrementally.

• PRO
    BREWSTER Design / Build LLC
    hace 3 años

The passerby enjoys a glimpse of a big house that looks useable. He dislikes the sight of a big house fronted with useless ornamentation. He also dislikes a little house that has spawned some useless boards in an attempt to look big.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.