Houzz Logo Print
osnbsb

Sink size question

Olivia
hace 3 años

Hi! We are updating our kitchen and our project manager said we have space for up to a 33” inch sink. Do you think that means I can buy a sink labeled 33” (I like the Dex sink from Kraus in 33”) or does that mean the cut out is 33” and the sink itself needs to be smaller?

thank you!

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Create Good Sinks
    hace 3 años

The following applies to undermount sinks only…. For an easy install you need some clearance between the lip of the sink and the inside wall of the cabinet. The 33" sink would fit a standard 36" cabinet (Inside opening would be between 34.5 to 35"..... the 33" sink would fit beautifully.

Dan Sullivan, President

Create Good Sinks

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Respectfully, you need no clearance if you strap, not clip, your sink in place. A 33" sink will undermount into a 33" cabinet without a problem. I've done it hundreds of times. You may ignore the sink manufacturer's cabinet size recommendations without worry because you don't need access to the clips when you strap.

Hercules Universal Sink Harness from BB Industries or a Sink Strap or two from Regent Stone Products. You can't get an easier install. Tightening one or two easily accessible bolts instead of 12 inaccessible ones.

Clipped sinks leak:

A leaking sink can blow up your granite:

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.