Houzz Logo Print
holly_walker47

Lakeside Home Kitchen Revamp

Im Jolly
hace 3 años

Looking for ideas for the kitchen in this lakeside home. We want to keep it kind of modern and rustic and we’re on a bit of a budget. It looks like the countertops currently have blue laminate on them which is also on the front of each step on the staircase.

Comentarios (4)

• herbflavor
    hace 3 años

from a different perspective I can see a project that you might reserve for a bit later. End the sink run under the glass doored cabinet. Remove the adjacent run that has the high bar behind it. Then your floorspace is cleared and it appears you can work an island into this with better seating..get drawers... Make more of a destination. Sitting at the high bar may not have great appeal . You can center and square out an island and have seating on two sides.....or discover a better seating arrangement . measurements aren't shown. So you may want to wait on the counter replacement [is that what you were thinking?] . Enjoy your new property.

• Im Jolly
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I really like this idea! Because we’re on a tight budget, for now I was thinking maybe we could paint the cabinets and put a marble laminate on them or something. I feel like there isn’t enough contrast

• Muriel Thompson
    hace 3 años

Your cabinets look reasonably nice. If so, I wouldn’t paint. I hear you on the lack of contrast, but painting is either a lot of work or a lot of expense and sometimes both. If you’re going with laminate tops it’s not a huge investment that locks you into the cabinet configuration indefinitely—so just bring down the high top bar and put on new laminate. But not a marble look, the fake marble veining in laminate is not a good look. Use something solid colored or lightly patterned.

• PRO
    BANDD DESIGN
    hace 3 años

Maybe try adding nice hardware to the cabinets, change out the pendant lights, and change out the laminate to a nice quartz. Here are some lovely kitchens we have designed that might help you decide what to change in your current kitchen,

Ferguson Showroom Kitchen Display · Más información

Westminster Glen · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.