Houzz Logo Print
webuser_804805580

Where to put big piece of art?

S Pak
hace 3 años

My photographer friend gave me one of her artworks from my favorite series of hers and I am not sure where to display it. I want it to be a conversational piece but also give it the BAM! factor.

I tried putting it in the L shaped hallway and it made me feel like I was going into another realm but I know that no wall space around artwork is a no no..

Please help me out, thank you!!

Comentarios (6)

• ilikefriday
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

IMO it is perfect in that hallway. It looks fabulous and makes you wonder what is around the corner. Why is no wall space around artwork a no no? If that is the case, sometimes rules are worth being broken. In this instance, no wall around it is what helps to make that space ideal.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 3 años

It's a stunning piece of photography.

I think it would be great in the dining area, but I would switch the position of your chairs and bench. Place the chairs in front of the wall and the bench on the outside. It will take up less room in the space.

I'd add wall mounted candle sconces to either side of the art using flameless candles in the sconces.

• Maureen
    hace 3 años

I think it feels cramped at the end of the hallway and once you pass it, you won‘t be able to enjoy as much if it was more prominent in the room - especially since you don’t have anything else on the walls.

If possible, I’d play around with your furniture layout (hard to get a feel with the picture). Could your dining table be moved down and then add a console with the art above; even try turning table. You’ll appreciate it so much more.

• PRO
    Darci Hether New York
    hace 3 años

You can place that art in many areas. Here are some ideas for you:

Financiers Pied-à-Terre, Tribeca, NYC · Más información

• lindac92
    hace 3 años

That's why we have hammer and picture hangers....and spackle. It can be moved....it's not like a wall or something. I love it at the end of the hall. Hate it over a buffet with flameless candle sconces....nope...and candles sconces are meant to have candles in them not electronic gadgets.
    Hang it where you like it...if you change your mind in a few months, move it. And forheaven sake forget the rules!
    I have an idea....ask your friend the artist where she thinks it looks best. Obviously she has a good eye for composition and balance.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.