Houzz Logo Print
paul498

shallow larger capacity washing machine?

I’m looking for a shallow washer and dryer ideally 24” that has a larger capacity than the

compact models have. Do any exist? Or could a family of 4 get by with a 2.4 cu ft miele?

Comentarios (9)

• MizLizzie
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Speed Queen front loaders are about 27” front to back. Awesome but a bit spendy. All else will be compact 24” wide, IIRC.

• jwvideo
    hace 3 años

Some of us find much to like about the Speed Queen FLs but, unfortunately, they are significantly deeper than 27" now. According to the installation instructions for the current Speed Queen front load models (FF7), it is only the the main cabinet that is about 27" deep. The depth grows to nearly 31 inches when the bulge at the back and the washer door are accounted for. Below is a low res copy from page 4 of the installation instructions for the FF7 washers.

• armjim
    hace 3 años

As someone once told me here years ago, yes, you can stuff a king size comforter into the tub, but it is only going to get wet, not clean. Additionally, if the operator uses powder rather than liquid, most likely it will result in some powder residue.

My first FL was a Kenmore with a 2.7 cu capacity. For a two person household and one dog, it was sufficient but not ideal if the goal was to do as few loads as possible and be assured the loads were clean and not over wrinkled. My MIL has a Miele set, and they are just two small for me. I hope Enduring weighs in-she has several sets of Mieles.

• jwvideo
    hace 3 años

The subject of comforters may be an interesting tangent and got me thinking further.

Maybe I should have been clearer about emphasizing that the reports and videos about comforters in Miele washers are only about down comforters not the kinds of king size comforters that are stuffed with wool, cotton or poly batting. Down comforters deflate enough when wet that they have room to tumble and fall and so get washed. OTOH, large quilts and large batting-stuffed comforters do not compress when wet and so they "only get wet and not clean[ed]" when stuffed into washers with smaller drum capacities. There is some discussion of this (by poster Cal, IIRC) in the long thread here on the W-1 washer and T1 dryer. He/she reported no problem cleaning king size down comforters in his Miele W-1.

To be sure, there are strong opinions about this. It seems to be an article of faith for some internet posters that no comforter of any kind can ever be cleaned in any but the very largest residential front loaders (i.e., those with drum capacities greater than 5 cu. ft. ). Others are of the opinion that comforters must only ever be washed only in the very largest possible capacity washers at laundromats. Still others insist that nobody but a professional cleaner should ever try cleaning down comforters. Even so, I have never had any trouble trouble removing stains from even cat puke when washing king and queen sized down comforters in my older front loader which has a roughly 3 cu. ft. capacity drum. I've seen others do the same with an older Speed Queen front load model from back when those had the 2.8 cu. ft. capacity drums.

• PRO
    Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
    hace 3 años

One of our favorite go-to places to look at appliances is ajmadison. You can enter all sorts of dimensions and features to come up with a short list of the appliances you're looking for. Even our local appliance dealers use their comprehensive website!

• monicakm_gw
    hace 3 años

I can't imagine a family of 4 being able to "get by" with a 2.4 cu ft washer :o

• Cal
    hace 3 años

The newer Miele W1 like the 860 model actually have a deeper depth than the previous generation W3048, so keep that in mind.

The drum is bigger and holds more, but I find you'll really want to go by the weight of the laundry dry versus the cubic feet. The 860 will hold 17.6lbs which is easy to find out, put your laundry into a laundry/garbage bag and put it on your floor scale. I was surprised at how much could fit into the machine and am always under their maximum weight limits. The T1 dryer drum is bigger than the washer, so it has no issues drying the maximum load size from the washer.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.