Houzz Logo Print
ellie_pierce5

sitting area rug placement

Ellie Pierce
hace 3 años

looking for a rug larger rug (pictured is 5x7). j don't know if I should get round, square, or rectangle. I lean toward round because of the angle of the fireplace, but if rectangle suits it, in what direction should I put it?

Comentarios (10)

• User
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

you could do an angle, it doesn't even necessarily have to be parallel to the fireplace.

you could also layer two rugs to make it seem even more intentional.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 3 años

Where will you put the sofa? At a minimum, the rug should slip under the front 1/3 - 1/2 of the sofa and extend past the ends of it by at least a foot. Keep it at least 12" from the hearth, 15-18" if you have the space. If I were you, the TV would go on the wall left of the FP and a 3-seat sofa would float facing the end wall. Art over the mantel, sofa table behind sofa, maybe room for a chair or two at the window side. Swivels could turn to watch TV.

• Ellie Pierce
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks for the feedback!! So we're getting two recliners and I'm not sure where they'll go yet (they will go partially over a rug) but I'm not sure what shape rug to get. I wish I could move the TV but stays this way for now as it was already mounted like this when we bought the house. Looking for a versatile rug so that's why I thought round but I'm so lost.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 3 años

Get the furniture and then choose a rug.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 3 años

Are you ever going to have more than 2 people in the room? You can get a sofa with two recliners in the sofa.

• Ellie Pierce
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

The sitting area is in our bedroom so no guests. Thanks for your input

• erinsean
    hace 3 años

I think I would put the bed, dressers and other furniture in place. Depending on your style, I am thinking a rug the shape you have but maybe a little bigger. You can buy carpeting and have it bound for any size you need.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 3 años

So we're really only getting partial information and no pix of the entire space. The shape of the rug depends on the furniture. Recliners partly on the rug may not balance well for reclining.

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    hace 3 años

It most likely will depend on the configuration of your furniture in the room. Below we have combined some of our designs so you might know how to put the rug under whatever furniture you end up using.

Bold Bachelor Pad: Living Room · Más información

Arlington Residence: Living Room · Más información

Charlestown Brownstone: Living Room · Más información

• Ellie Pierce
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

hey all, let me clarify. this is our master bedroom sitting room so just for my husband and me. I do have a lazboy recliner arriving in a month or so. my husband has yet to buy his (he's very picky). we have the round side tables that we may or may not use. I was thinking of putting the recliners on the left side kinda of facing the TV (so crooked). because of the odd layout with the angle of the fireplace and the tv currently above it, I haven't been sure of what shape rug to get. only because of the weird angle. everything else I can figure out. don't mind the mess of baby things, please. we moved here over the summer and this room has been useless so it's been casual storage for our baby who rooms with us right now. I want to create this room to be a warm-neutral space and I don't care for hardwoods so I wanted the largest rug I could get for this odd space but not sure what is appropriate.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.