Houzz Logo Print
diana_li2

Cosmetic Kitchen remodel - question about when new appliances come in?

Diana Li
hace 3 años

I am doing a mostly cosmetic kitchen remodel:

1. demo backsplash - install new backsplash

2. demo countertop - install new countertop

3. new sink

4. replace out standalone gas range for a slide in gas range

5. replace hood vent

6. replace dishwasher

I am not planning to use GC for this since it's a small job.

I know the appliances need to be onsite for the countertop folks to take the template.

Should i just have the appliances (range, dishwasher, hood vent) onsite but not installed?

And, once new countertop and backsplash is installed in have the appliances folks/plumber come and install them?

Or, can i just have the new appliances installed with the old backsplash and countertop and make the process easier?

Thank you!

Diana

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Morningstar Stone & Tile
    hace 3 años

For the countertops, you will need the appliances, sink and sink fixtures on-site for the countertop company to do the template. Do not install them. On the day of install, the countertop folks should install the sink, but not the fixtures. This does not mean hooking up your sink to water and the drain. Have your plumber and, if needed, your electrician ready to come the day after countertops are installed to install your appliances and hook up your sink. Good luck

• wdccruise
    hace 3 años

Based on my kitchen remodeling experience:

1. Check the installation guide for the range you're considering to make sure that the electrical outlet and gas line are in the correct locations low on the wall behind the range. The electrical outlet was too high for my new range so I could not push it as close to the wall as I would have liked.
    2. Make sure the old range opening is the correct size for the new one.
    3. The countertop installers just made the sides of the countertops flush with the sides of the cabinets adjacent to the range opening. I don't think I even had the range yet (standard 30" model).
    4. It's a lot easier to attach the sink to the countertop before you install the countertop than to do so afterwords. (In two cases, the installers cut the countertop the wrong size for the sink.)
    5. Install the dishwasher before the countertop. It's must easier to connect the hoses and electrical when you can reach in from above. Depending on the countertop material, the most you'll have to do after it's installed is to attach the dishwasher's top bracket to the countertop (to keep the dishwasher from moving around).
  • Architectural Notice
    hace 3 años

I had the same issue as wdccruise above (electrical outlet being in correct location on the wall for new range).

I recently purchased a new gas range and despite all my research, didn't see anywhere that I should check location of current electrical outlet against any range I was considering purchasing.

My new gas range sticks out about an inch or so from the wall because of this. Not a real big deal but wish I had known in advance to check for this.

• wdccruise
    hace 3 años

"I recently purchased a new gas range and despite all my research, didn't see anywhere that I should check location of current electrical outlet against any range I was considering purchasing."

The installation guides always show this (example: GAS PIPE AND ELECTRICAL OUTLET LOCATIONS for a GE gas range)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.