Houzz Logo Print
tina_marchant

Supercore - If you've installed, how do you like it now?

Tina Marchant
hace 3 años

I'm looking at Supercore Extreme Elkhorn for my new construction project. Picking flooring is so difficult. If you've installed supercore, what do you think of it? How do you like it now? Would you do it again? I'd love to see pictures of the flooring in your space.

Comentarios (14)

• Gina-Marie Clark
    hace 3 años

I loved my floor and will absolutely be using it in our new house! We installed it upstairs and down in our 3000sqft home. I really miss it and hate the laminate that’s in the new place I’m just hung up on color right now because I loved Krypton but I’m thinking I want something a little lighter with a slight grey hue.

• Michael Murray
    hace 3 años

We used supercore xtreme “farmwood” when renovating our kitchen. It looks a little lighter in person. Also, we’re adding more lighting during this upgrade. We had 21 year old sheet vinyl 🤮 that still looked dirty immediately following mopping. Our supercore looks clean, even after 3 weeks of build-up. We have a very busy and messy kitchen as we have 3 children. The oldest is 7 years. I self installed this about 5 months ago working evenings and weekends. It installed very easily. The most labor-intensive part of the installation was the preparation. The home was built in 1965. I removed three layers of kitchen flooring on one side of the kitchen and one layer of kitchen flooring in what used to be the dining room before they were connected. Starting with a flat floor is essential. It should also be level. I ended up sister ring in lumber to the joists below and putting several boxes of screws through the subfloor into the joists. To top it off, I poured about 300 pounds of self leveling compound. This was a lot of work. Ceramic tile would not have required quite this much preparation, however, I really wanted to use LVP. Hey, it never hurts to make something proper. We love the floor! I wouldn’t have a problem using it anywhere else in the house but I will not take out our solid hardwood throughout the main floor. The ceramic tiles in our finished basement are cracking in several areas. Maybe in 10 years they’ll be damaged to the point where I can justify removal and install some more LVP!

• Joey T
    hace 3 años

We have it and we hate it. The joints separate easily and it scratches WAY too easy. The marketing claims are overhyped. We will never use this product again. We have Supercore Xtreme Solitude and we already want to rip it out.

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 3 años

Joey Taylor, would you elaborate on the issues you're having with Supercore? What type of subfloor do you have? How many square feet did you install? Was it DIY or a hired installer? Any other information you think would be helpful?

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 3 años

@Michael Murray69, and @Gina-Marie Clark, would you mind sharing any installation tips you used for your SuperCore floors? My husband has been doing some tests for how to lay it. We're having quite a bit of trouble getting the planks to line up, especially the ends! So far he has only been able to do it using a magnifying glass and flashlight, and even then it's hard to tell!

Thanks for any help!

• Michael Murray
    hace 3 años

Sorry to hear about the install issue. A photo would help me understand better what you are dealing with. I’d say the largest factor for smooth installation in a flat floor. Once I see some pictures, I’ll help you as best as possible

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 3 años

@Michael Murray, thank you for taking the time to answer! Right now there is only a bare concrete floor. We ordered a full box of our 1st color choice, and then changed our mind, so just playing with those boards as a test.

Is there a trick to getting the ends lined up perfectly? Or once you do that for the first row, the rest will follow IF the long edges are locked correctly?

The floor has been leveled by grinding the high spots and leveler for low areas. My husband has watched Alan's video (and others) numerous times. We are experienced DIYer's. so maybe we're overthinking the whole thing!

• Michael Murray
    hace 3 años

I’m trying to wrap my head around what you’re saying. Are you installing your ends in a staggered “pattern”? It’s not meant to be installed as a “grid” pattern. I’ll say that I read the manufacturer’s installation instructions and made some notes which were taped to the wall for reference. I did use a scrap piece of floor to tap the long joint after locking into place. Some pictures of my seams. If you are doing something that mimics hardwood, it looks best when installed to look random. It actually takes a lot of organization to make it look disorganized!

• Gina-Marie Clark
    hace 3 años

I’m unsure of what you are asking? You start one row all the way down before beginning the next and that sets your floor in place against the wall so it stays straight and in line. We do a 3 tier stagger of : full plank, 40.25, and 20.25 so you have a pattern every 3 rows.

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 3 años

@Michael Murray - thanks for the pictures. We have one without the bevel, so again, harder to see. @Gina-Marie Clark, I will make a note of those measurements. Thanks for the tip. Will post again after we get going on it.

• Joey Taylor
    hace 3 años

i replaced every joist and all subfloors in my house and leveled them as much as the foundation would allow. The sill plate on the front of the house is 1/2 higher than the rear. I purchased supercore before I leveled the joists.

Had I known how unforgiving Supercore is I would not have purchased it.

Going forward I will only use Cumaru where reliability, durability and repairability is needed. Supercore is fine for newer homes, but if you have an older house where the foundation may have settled a bit, Supercore may be a headache. And it certainly has been in my case.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    hace 3 años

I did not see the above comment from @Joey T until a customer called earlier.

Supercore is only as good as the subfloor you install it on. Joey had an older house with a messed up subfloor.

I will be glad to share Joey's inspection report with anyone interested in seeing it.

Alan

• Raina S
    hace 2 años

@Michael Murray Thank so much for your detailed description of your prepping and leveling.

I fear when I remove the engineered wood floor I have now I'll find a huge job for leveling. 300 lbs. of self-leveling compound!? That is quite the commitment. But your floor looks awesome and should last a long time. I'm in love with the SUPERCore Xtreme Sawtooth Gray but still months away from a commitment as my kitchen remodel doesn't start until the end of May. I've been advised that Home Depot LifeProof is more forgiving of floor irregularity. I think that installers like using products they are familiar with and dread new ones. I can't blame them, though.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.