Houzz Logo Print
krnuttle

New tractor JD E130

krnuttle
hace 3 años

I used my new JD E 130 today for the second time. The first was to mow the yard that had gotten quite long waiting for the new tractor, and put about 1.2 hours on it. Because of all of the rain we have had I had to mow when it was wetter than I like. The tractor never hesitated and ran nearly full speed through the tallest parts.

Today I used it and the trailer to move tree trimmings back to the brush pile.

I had about 7 loads that required the tractor to run about 0.3 hours. That meant the tractor shut off and was restarted about 14 times, once taking the brush back and once returning to get more.

About 25% of my total use of the tractor is for this type of work. Is this good for the battery and starting circuits? Or would I be better from the tractor's point of view by pass the seat switch and let it run in the 2 minutes it takes to unload. (I understand the bureaucrats says it is illegal, but I am asking for the tractor sake.)

Comentarios (3)

• tomplum
    hace 3 años

That many starts won't hurt a thing. Should you wish to let it run, set the park brake and it will run as long as the PTO is off. Glad that you are enjoying the new tractor.

• krnuttle
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks! I did not know that the Parking break would keep it running.

I went back and reread parts of the manual. While it is not obvious, that third test of the parking break actually answers my question.

I guess that proves that the phrasing of the question determines the answer.

• PRO
    Kevins Small Engine and Tractor Service
    hace 3 años

If you are starting 15 times in 15 minutes, you could run your battery down because the engine does not run long enough to fully re-charge the energy consumed from the battery. If I was doing short-run cycles I would simply leave it running a bit above idle to save the wear and tear on the battery, starter, ignition switch, solenoid, and engine. However, opinions will differ.

Kevin,

Kevins Small Engine, 03908

krnuttle agradeció a Kevins Small Engine and Tractor Service
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.