Houzz Logo Print
lance_patrick20

Interior design/layout advice for 1bd/1bth bachelor pad

Lance Patrick
hace 3 años

Looking for advice on layout options and design ideas for my new apartment. Going for a bachelor pad look.

I’m really only bringing over a gray sectional, dark wood tv stand, and small dark wood desk. Excited to splurge on new furniture/art to make it look nice.

I work from home and need to take into account the space for my “home office.”

I also want to make sure I get lighting right. I typically loathe overhead lights and never use them.

Attached are 2 pics of the empty apartment and 2 potential layouts with the furniture I have using Room Planner.

Comentarios (25)

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    hace 3 años

Hello Lance,

Can we get some measurements of the room. Then we can put together a 3D rendering for you.

MAE

• Lance Patrick
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Essentially to 18x15’. Thank you!!

• kazzh
    hace 3 años

As you are working from home your desk placement will be important. Am liking the desk near the window however it doesn't afford you any seperation from work and relaxation. I have seen on Houzz some cupboard conversions to work stations. If that is a spare cupboard in the room, a well fitted out workspace there would allow you to close off work. With some good lighting, it might work for you. Of course that is dependant on whether you need the storage. Another thought is to invest in a secretaire desk, with shelving but importantly a closing desk area that you could close at the end of the working day.

• kazzh
    hace 3 años

eg..

Contemporary Home Office · Más información

Cole Street · Más información

Dalling Road · Más información

Traditional Meets Midcentury Modern Design in River Oaks · Más información

Midcentury Home Office · Más información

St. Helena Luxury Inn/Residence · Más información

• Allison0704
    hace 3 años

I had a closet office in MBR several houses ago. It was okay for part-time, but I would not want to use more than a few hours.

Congrats on your new apartment and splurging on new furniture. I suggest an oval coffee table. Easier to walk around and soften all the lines in the room. Barstools with curved backs would be nice also.

Hope you will post photos along the way.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hello Lance,

Thanks for the measurements. Do you have and colors you prefer? If not I will be posting only furniture placement suggestions for you not colors and styles.

Working on the rendition now. I will keep you posted as I progress.

MAE

• Lance Patrick
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Color suggestions would be great! My thought right now is that I’d do neutral colors for furniture and have some colorful art on the walls. Even the art stuff I don’t know what I’m doing, though. For example, how big and on what walls, etc. Also any suggestions on lamps/lighting would be very helpful. Appreciate it!!

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Lance are you in the apartment yet? If so can we get some new pictures of the room? The angle of the pictures on the post are a bit hard to read.

Thanks,

MAE

• Lance Patrick
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Not in it for a couple more days but here’s some hopefully better pictures that aren’t skewed by the landscape orientation.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Perfect Lance. Thank you that is much better. I will get to work.

MAE

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Nice teal blue on the kitchen wall.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Lance,

How many guest do you want to be able to seat? Is the sectional a keeper or are you open to replacing it? Will there be a TV?

• Lance Patrick
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Great questions! I probably don’t need to seat more than 4 people but the sectional will be a keeper for the time being. There is a TV... 43” but plan to upgrade to something larger in the near-ish future.

• PRO
  • PRO
    hace 3 años

What size is your desk?

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Lance,

The rendition is ready for you. Are you in the room right now?

MAE

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Lance,

Give me a heads up when you are able and I'll post the rendition. You can also email me at callmaeday@msn.com if you like.

MAE

• PRO
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Lance, I do these renderings for free. Please know that there are no fees for my service. I have done 100's of them on HOUZZ for folks and they have always been free. I don't even know how someone would charge for anything they do on these posts.

• Lance Patrick
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Hi Mae, I’m not moving in for a couple more days. Would love to see your rendition!

• always1stepbehind
    hace 3 años

Nice space. Cant wait to see it with your furniture.

• PRO
    ABtelier Design
    hace 3 años

Hi Lance,
    What is the size of your space where you want to put furnitures? Also, are there furnitures you already have and want to keep? For wall arts and lightning, we will have to choose the wall colors and, couch color and look.
    I offer very efficient video consultation and a clear Step by Step Recap with plan for you to just fall in love your living space!

You can take an appointment directly by clicking on my profile. It can be video meeting or phone. It’s your preference.

Don’t hesitate to contact me.
    Ariane Boisclair

• PRO
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Hello Lance,

Got it. I'll be happy to do that. I am teaching a class right now so I will have to get that to you later today.

MAE

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hello Lance,

Here is one pic of the rendering. Yes, it is out of the box when it comes to the layout.

This is what you see in the rendering:

1. One sectional couch like yours
    2. On glass round coffee table
    3. two glass side tables.
    4. One couch table on the left side
    5. your desk on the right side to create a small open office area
    6. Two wall shelves good for your books or work related material and decorative
    7. A corner TV console in place of the one you have and of course a TV
    8. One thin & tall book shelf on the wall to the left of the stairs.
    9. Two floor lamps; One in the corner behind your desk and desk chair and one in the corner where the sectional meets the wall.
    10. One large basket to hold extra blankets and pillows
    11. One square area rug
    12. 4 counter height stools for the island
    13. One large panoramic picture art

Why did I put the couch this way? To make room for a small office area, to have open access to the seating area and so that you have a view out of the glass doors and of your TV.

Yes, I can rearrange this easily if you would like me to try to put together another configuration for you.

Also; is there a chance that you can put your desk in another room? Probably not but it never hurts to ask.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

MAE

• PRO
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.