Houzz Logo Print
webuser_745185586

What looks better - panel ready dishwasher or stainless?

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to get an opinion as I have to place an order this week + am trying to decide between these two options!

My fridge will be stainless and not paneled. Is it better to have a dishwasher that is also stainless (they would be the same brand) so they match/balance one another? Or is it better to have one that is panel ready?

All of my cabinets will be white shaker with black handles. The sink will be white + the dishwasher will be located just to the right of the sink.

What blends better with the rest of the kitchen decor?

Thank you so much!

Comentarios (9)

• hace 3 años

My kitchen is relatively small and so my designer recommended a panel DW so as to not break up the run of cabinets.

• hace 3 años

What houssason said. I have a small kitchen with lots going on so we went with the panel ready to keep it from looking too choppy.

however, if you have a larger run of lower cabs, I like how a stainless DW will give the eye a chance to rest and break up an endless run of white.

• hace 3 años

My kitchen is not small (will be installed next week), but I still chose to panel the dw to hide it. No other paneled appliances .

• hace 3 años

As this relates to aesthetics it is completely subjective and there is no right answer. We can’t tell you what your opinion should be. Look at a bunch of photos that are comparable to what your kitchen will be and decide what you like best. If you have no opinion after doing that then just pick whatever is cheaper or easier.

Jeanine Kitchen Remodel agradeció a Jar G
  • hace 3 años

Relative to aesthetics, I prefer paneled. I have a paneled DW, Fridge and freezer, looks great, imo.

• hace 3 años

Thanks everyone! I've decided on stainless as I do have a long row of cabinets. The main reason I think I'll stay with the stainless is (oddly) a silly practical one---we mostly do dishes by hand for daily dishes (it's just 2 of us) + only use the dishwasher on rare occasions + I like the long bar handle on the non-paneled dishwasher. The panel ready dishwashers require you to install some type of handle of your own + the one that will match the rest of our cabinet hardware does not come in a long enough length for the dish towels to drape over it to properly dry. And that dish towel gets quite wet/soggy! There are sooooooo many decisions when designing a kitchen, aren't there???!!!

• PRO
    hace 3 años

I would go with the stainless steel dishwasher as your refrigerator for practicality. The panel ready will be part of the cabinets and does look very nice, but since you will be using the dishwasher a lot, the white panel is more delicate than having the stainless steel and the dishwasher will coordinate with your refrigerator.

• hace 3 años

it I is subjective but I find that it does help to review what makes one thing look better to your eye. sometimes It’s just a choice (eg. choosing green rather than red because you don’t like red), but often there is an underlying reason why one looks better than another (eg. choosing green rather than red because the floor is orange and red will clash while green will complement).

anyways, glad you got one more of those thousand decisions out of the way and choosing something because it makes a day to day practicality work, is smart not frivolous.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.