Houzz Logo Print
liz_babcock32

I need to replace my windows. What would look best on my home?

Liz Babcock
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

I need to replace my windows. I have a 1940's Cape that has 20+ year old Pella windows that are wood with individual panes. Windows can make a house look special or detract from the look and curb appeal. In your opinion, what would you recommend for a great impact?

1. back of house

front of house

Comentarios (7)

• Design Girl
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Charming house, and I'd want to keep the character. After much research, my daughter ended up with Anderson 400 Woodwright double hung windows for her 1950's house. She did 6 over 6 instead of 8 over 8 because her openings were a bit narrower than usual. We also looked at Marvin Integrity, but Anderson had a few features we liked better and were a bit better looking to us. They are wood on the inside but clad on the outside for no maintenance. It's a nice looking product. Of course, if wanting all wood, then Marvin makes a nice one. None of these are inexpensive.

Liz Babcock agradeció a Design Girl
  • eld6161
    hace 3 años

I like Design’s suggestion if 6 rather than 8.

Liz Babcock agradeció a eld6161
  • PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    hace 3 años

Not a grid fan either way to be honest. Grids on the front to maintain some of the "colonial" look (although I don't think that home would be described as colonial). House appears to be somewhere between Cape and Ranch style. A Ranch style house typically sees grids in the top only as well. Pretty home BTW.

Liz Babcock agradeció a Windows on Washington Ltd
  • Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I like the muntins and think they're in keeping with the home. The 8 over 8 I find a bit much and I, too, like the 6 over 6 suggestion. Is 6 over 1 an option? I actually didn't realize yours were 8 over 8 until I looked closer because of the lower screen hiding the muntins.

Liz Babcock agradeció a Anna (6B/7A in MD)
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 3 años

Why not just grids in the top and IMO a much nicer look and no grids in the bay window . I would remove the shutters and get a much lighter door and IMO a different color for the siding . This is one of my faves for brick and you could do the trim just like this.

Liz Babcock agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • mescott
    hace 3 años

I agree that grid on the top only would be a great look.

There’s some useful info on windows on this page, particularly the ‘preserving proportion’ section.

https://www.houseplanshelper.com/window-placement.html

Liz Babcock agradeció a mescott
  • jck910
    hace 3 años

I recommend the Andersen 400, also. We are slowly replacing our 20 year old Pellas just like your with the Andersen.

Liz Babcock agradeció a jck910
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.