Houzz Logo Print
danachit

Mountain Cottage Bathroom Makeover -Ugly as Homemade Sin!

Dana
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

We have a TINY mountain cottage tucked up on top of a wooded hill, with a million dollar view. However, the value in the home was definitely in the view. Everything in the house was sub-builder grade. And damaged to boot! Rips in the vinyl floor, old renovation dirty seams. It was awful and embarassing!

I started off with "I'm going to lay a luxury vinyl floor myself and be done!" and hubby suggested removing the nasty, stained tub insert, and then my daughter said "Why not get tile?" and...well...eight months and 14 grand later, I have two completely new bathrooms.

Try not to do a remodel during a pandemic! Lordy! So many items weren't available.

Compromises were made. My vanity was hideous, golden oak builder grade. And NOT 60". The alcove was some bizarre size so I had to keep that vanity. Spray lacquered with SW alabaster white, added fantasy brown stone and polished nickel faucets. I have antiqued pewter handles but these are probably temporary. Mirrors are what I could find (pandemic problems)

BEFORE: Master bathroom

AFTER: master bathroom

The master bathroom was this loooong narrow room with a long bare, sad, lonely wall with an alcove tub insert.

BEFORE: master

We removed the tub, added an American Standard Americast tub, white subway tile, polished nickel faucets, added some grab bars cause hey, I'm not getting any younger, tore up the vinyl and laid 4" charcoal hex tile and broke out the power miter and crafted a base board, chair rail with ledge/cove and vertical boards.

AFTER: master

American Standard Americast soaker tub. Yes, I read the 15,456 bad reviews on the suggested drain for this soaker tub so we built our own using a Moen drain and overflow kit.

Before: Guest bath

It was tiny, awful, cramped, sad, beat up and the shower insert was like taking a shower in a coffin. What you can't see here is the rose wallpaper border. ROSE WALLPAPER BORDER, yall! Oh my heavens!

I designed and hand-set grey and ecru mosaics, increased the shower size, added subway tile, and put interest on the walls with trim work.

AFTER: Guest bathroom

I'm still needing 2 master vanity lights and my shower drain, but all in all, it's finished. Pandemic or not, we got this done!

Comentarios (12)

• Sonja Suitor
    hace 3 años

Nice job!

Dana agradeció a Sonja Suitor
  • ohgoodness
    hace 3 años

So nice!

Dana agradeció a ohgoodness
  • Alyson Kast
    hace 3 años

Beautiful! We have been renovating during the pandemic too so I feel your pain !

Dana agradeció a Alyson Kast
  • susan49417
    hace 3 años

You should be very proud of all your hard work. It turned out very nice. Enjoy!

Dana agradeció a susan49417
  • chispa
    hace 3 años

Nicely done!

• hemina
    hace 3 años

So pretty! Great job!

• enduring
    hace 3 años

Beautiful. Many happy years of use!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    hace 3 años

Looks great!!! Love the color schemes

• PRO
    Ania Omski-Talwar Interior Design
    hace 3 años

Looks great! How did you increase the size of the guest shower?

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    hace 3 años

Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love the paint color that you chose!

• Dana
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you. The guest bathroom was SW monorail silver and the master was Dutch tile blue SW

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.