Houzz Logo Print
quik2quip

Love Double Islands!

quik2quip
hace 3 años
Lovely and unexpected for this area. In the "Before" pic - it appears you expanded the kitchen into the DR. Is that correct?
Also - did you put down wood-look porcelain tiles in the kitchen? It looks like it. We're debating this issue now - wood vs something designed for wet areas. Would love your feedback on your observations!
Thank you!
Nassau Double island · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
    hace 3 años

Hello, I did push back the kitchen into previous dining room space and move the dining room space into the front of the house. I didn’t use porcelain wood since I was designing more of an open space I wanted the wood to run thru the entire house. Almost all of my clients use wood in the kitchen and they almost all have pets and kids. I also have wood in my own kitchen and it doesn’t seem to be as high maintained as people assume. Thank you for your question. Hope it helps

• quik2quip
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Good Morning! I apologize for the late reply. I got it soon after you posted it and started the reply below, but didn't finish it! Instead - I went & watched some of your companies project videos - SQUIRREl!! :-)

It does! Thank you for sharing your observations about wood. We have wood floors in our kitchen & recently had a "small" leak from a loose hose on the fridge. We pulled up the floor in that area and was just going to patch - but decided to take a step back and consider broader options: porcelain tile, Luxury Vinyl Plank, Engineered and thinking about adding radiant heat mats - which would mean no hardwood. Sigh... Which of course, has "us", lol, mostly me, thinking about all those questions that people start asking about a renovation around the resale box (for a younger generation) vs stepping out of that box some, to take risks that work w/the way we live & could open others to more upgrades? I rarely see any kind of redesign of rooms in the homes on the market. Everyone just lives w/the footprint they have even it it's cramped. I also rarely see real additions. We chalk it up to living in the Loudoun County "bubble" - great house prices but expensive construction.

We live in the Cascades area of Sterling in a 25 year old SFH w/a two-story foyer & center stair w/what appears to be the same cooking zone and narrow DR that is opens to a narrow LR. That stairwell eats up so much room!! I love to cook and for several years now, have talked about moving the kitchen into our SQUARE FR or removing the same cooking wall and pushing into the DR. This kitchen confirms that it's done in our area - and certainly viable for the right price.

Thank you again for graciously and generously replying! Not everyone bothers.

With appreciation,

Karen

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.