Houzz Logo Print
gregory_hand65

Tomoka River House face lift

Gregory Hand
hace 3 años

My river house built in 1978 needs a facelift..I was thinking of stone accents and new paint. Need suggestions on how to bring the out side and entry way into the 21st century..All Design suggestions are welcome. Stone accents and color scheme and entry designs..

Rock accents
Color scheme
Entry Door

Comentarios (24)

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks Mark. Good safety comment about the basketball hoop. I going to replace the damaged siding and repaint the house. Do you have a color scheme that would make this house stad out ?

• SJ
    hace 3 años

For the color scheme, maybe some wood tones with white. A dark blue or gray would be pretty too. Following to see what the pros and others have to say.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 3 años

Will the roof color change?

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

The roof is less than one year old..So were not going to change it..

• njmomma
    hace 3 años

Not a Pro.

I think a light shade of blue gray would work with your roof color.

Some inspiration:

William Cook House ca. 1809 · Más información

:

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you !

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 3 años

I'd go with blue or charcoal to coordinate with the roof, adding some cedar for interest instead of stone. Showing these for color combinations to inspire.

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you for the suggestions.

• SJ
    hace 3 años

I like the idea of the grayish blue w/cedar! Found these images

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    hace 3 años

I agree with Mark Bischak. Changes should be carefully considered and the advice of a local pro will be well worth the cost. You should be able to "preview" any number of potential changes using PhotoShop.

Best wishes for a successful project.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    hace 3 años

In attempting to preform a "face lift" of your home, avoid trendy decoration that will be out of date before good architectural style will. Keeping with the established architectural style will be the optimal solution.

• User
    hace 3 años

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you.

• PRO
    Moure Studio
    hace 3 años

Like Mark Bischak said above, following a trend would not be a great solution.

I would keep the existant architectural appearance of your house and change the color of the wood for a darker tone. Plus, your house already has a strong architecture that stands out so why changing it right ?

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 3 años

Would suggest that you install gutters and downspouts. There is noticeable discoloration of the siding near the bottom where rain runoff has splashed onto the siding.

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Agree Good Suggestion.. Any suggestion on color or rock accents..

• User
    hace 3 años

No rock. The house has enough strength of character as is. It doesn’t need a fake wallpaper look.

• keith Dcil
    hace 3 años

I suspect the designer/builder of your house was influenced by Sea Ranch a world famous community started in the 1960's on the California coast. Check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Ranch,_California

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank You good points.

• doc5md
    hace 3 años

Big fan of the blue toned charcoal thoughts. I think your house has plenty of character going on and adding stone to it would be a disaster.

• Gregory Hand
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you

• fissfiss
    hace 3 años

We renovated a 1978 townhome in Colorado...I have to say, our architect was worth every penny....and I have been happy with other projects that did not include an architect....but it is such a distinctive style, which needs to be embraced...my gut reaction is that the garage door needs to be a different color....because otherwise, it is a very monolithic structure....

• Kristin S
    hace 3 años

I actually like the current color, if it were refreshed. That said, a dark charcoal could be great, too. Either way, though, no to stone, yes to a single color, and yes to adding gutters..

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.