Houzz Logo Print
don_olson91

John Deere D-130 riding mower PTO making noise

Don Olson
hace 4 años

i have the deck off and replaced the drive train pulleys, i thought were making noise, ran the mower around the yard, all works well, when i put on the break it sounds like the PTO is making noise , like a bearing but when i take off the break, no noise and it runs fine, deck is still off, just can't figure it out

Comentarios (8)

• tomplum
    hace 4 años

Can you confirm that the traction belt is not turning at all when the park brake has been set? Your rider has the manual lever style PTO- correct? Usually a noise w/o drive input on these are the muffler or heat shield.

• Don Olson
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

thanks, tomplum, traction belt is moving with break is on , also the guard post for the belt off the transmission is missing, thanks to the crappy job A Plus Power Equipment in Vancouver Washington did when they replaced a bearing and belt. could any of this cause the problem, not even sure they put the right belt on

• tomplum
    hace 3 años

No the traction belt should not be turning with the clutch in. The guide should be in place. Noise from the traction belt is usually from a flat spot on the idlers- which happen as they momentarily seize. The driven pulley on the transmission can be noisy as well when the splines get spun.

• yt125
    hace 3 años

Have you checked to see if the belt is routed correctly?

• PRO
    Kevins Small Engine and Tractor Service
    hace 3 años

By looking at the diagram posted by YT125 your drive belt should disengage when the brake is pushed. With the tractor turned off, look under the tractor and press the brake peddle with your hand and check that the two idler pulleys are moving with the brake pedal. Then engage the barking brake and see how much slack you have in the belt...it should be very loose. Next, start the tractor with the parking brake engaged and look under the tractor to check if the belt is spinning the same speed as the engine or is it slipping a little, jumping a little. If the belt is turning you likely have the wrong belt. Spend the money and go to a John Deere dealer either locally or online and purchase the OEM belt.

• Don Olson
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

once again i would like to thank everyone for their help with this problem, Kbowley, i took off the old belt and went to my john deere store , as soon as i had the OEM belt im my hand i could tell the difference, installed it , problem solved! ( the belt i removed was an oregon and it said on the belt it was a replacement for the JD GX20006, not even close ) any good mechanic should have been able to tell that.

it just goes to show you , use OEM parts and take your machines to a mechanic, you know is reputable.

Thank you all,

Don

• PRO
    Kevins Small Engine and Tractor Service
    hace 3 años

Hi Don, Glad I was able to help and happy mowing!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.