Houzz Logo Print
rose_batista

How can I remodel this bureau?

rose batista
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

I am moving and I would like to repaint this furniture so it can look good again. I would read any suggestions. This is a dyi project and I do not have experience but I have the will to do the steps. Any suggestions will be helpful! :)

Comentarios (9)

• rose batista
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Here are the pics

• cat_ky
    hace 4 años

It was never painted correctly to begin with. You will need to scrape off all that old paint. Maybe even use a stripper on it, if it doesnt all scrape off (looks pretty loose, so can see a lot will scrape right off). Paint shouldnt peel like that. What is there isnt adhered to the surface at all. You need to get it all off. Once paint is off, sand it very well, and then use a good quality primer on it, and finally a good quality paint. You can buy paint that is meant for furniture. Even a cabinet type paint would work well on it.

rose batista agradeció a cat_ky
  • rose batista
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Cat_ky thank you so much for your feedback!

• rose batista
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I'm painting it white again. ok, so the process would be, scrape it off, then buffer it ( any recommendations on what to buffer with?)then apply the primer. ( i suppose I need to let it dry) then paint it white again, right?

• Tootsie
    hace 4 años

Buffer?

• cat_ky
    hace 4 años

Buffer? No, sand. Best results would be with an electric hand sander.

• PRO
    Door Renew 6775- Door Restoration
    hace 4 años

DavidR - thanks for the input. I understand and will certainly comply. Honestly, though, that Stix really is good stuff! Be safe everyone.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    hace 4 años

One of our forum members who has refinished a lot of doors and such has sung the praises of CitriStrip. After you scrape the loose paint off, if there is a significant amount left, try this stuff, following directions. After nearly all the old paint and finish is removed, you will want to sand with increasingly fine sandpaper - be careful if you use an electric sander, they can over do if you aren't experienced with them. Sand in the direction of the grain of the wood, not in circular motions. You shouldn't need to sand too vigorously, you just want to lightly smooth any rough areas and any glossy areas (so the paint will stick). Start with 150 grit paper then finish with 200.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.