Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_60576354

Original 1910 Floorboards

User
hace 4 años

Advice would be great if you have experience?
How do I get these cleaned to their original state? I'm sure an industrial sander is not the way ahead
I'm hoping to eventually achieve a light waxed look

Comentarios (2)

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

Actually I think a sander is the way forward. We sanded our floorboards by hiring a sander and mini sander for the edges and they turned out really good. We had some dried vinyl glue in places and the sander removed all of it. It was a very messy, dusty job though. We then hoovered and wiped down the boards and then did three coats of satin floor varnish. As it was a walk through room we did each coat at night before bedtime and it was dry by the morning. Most floorboards are softwood pine so wear and tear is an issue.

Now i will admit that even so called diamond hard varnish Is not very hard wearing and the varnish will wear off. I had a dog at the time and his nails raked the floor a treat! Im not sure wax is hardy enough? I got fed up with the scruffyness of it and in the end we had a laminate floor laid over it which is much tougher and easier to care for.

• PRO
    Active Builders London ltd
    hace 4 años

Hi, It would require quite a bit of work and sander is the way to do it. You would also need to seal the gaps and remove any protruding nails. Agree with Sonia,maintenance would be a lot of work too

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.