Houzz Logo Print
webuser_968651066

Order for installing fireplace tile, TV and mantle?

Malia Ackerman
hace 4 años

We are installing marble mosaic tile from floor to ceiling around fireplace, adding a rustic wooden mantle and mounting a TV above both. My question is do we install tile first then mount both on top OR install mantle, TV mount and then tile around both? Thank you!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Active Builders London ltd
    hace 4 años

Hi , if you have services for tv ready, then tiling first would save you cutting around mantle and disconnecting tv etc ,therefore you should be able to do it quicker and with neater finish

Malia Ackerman agradeció a Active Builders London ltd
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 4 años

Hi Malia. I think it depends on if the area above the fireplace is already wired for the TV/Cable. If not, you need to get the electrician in there first. Then the tile, then the mantle, then mount/hook up the television.

Malia Ackerman agradeció a Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • User
    hace 4 años

I wouldn't suggest both a mantle and TV. if a mantle is there, you'll need the TV to be higher up - which is very bad for the neck.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.