Houzz Logo Print
rnhuber

Looking for the perfect warm gray

rnhuber
hace 4 años

I've been going nuts these past few weeks trying to find a good gray for this room. I wanted it warm enough so that it didn't look obviously cold/blue with all my warm furnishings, but i wanted it gray enough to cool off the reds and yellows in my room. As usual, I look to something that is in the yellow/gray range. After swatching a few colors and spending way too much time on this, I chose BM Coastal Fog. It looked good in the smaller swatches, but on the whole wall it looks like pea soup! I really hate green walls. It's making me crazy that even swatching a fairly large area isn't enough to get a feeling for how the whole room will look. Part of it is the fact that my eyes are seeing it next to the existing color on the wall, so that screws up the perception. I'm happy with the LRV of Coastal Fog, but I'd like to shift to something that feels more neutral in here without looking brown, pink, purple, green or blue. Colors I'm considering now are a slightly darkened versions of Revere Pewter (maybe too brown/pink?), Cumulus Cloud (maybe too blue/lavender?), Seattle Mist (maybe too green) or Apparition? My room is southwest facing, but i don't get much direct sunlight because of the house next to me. Just some direct rays in the afternoon, but I don't need to consider them, as it's pretty transient. Any color suggestions?

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Why are you painting this room ANY gray? What about the contents? Are you changing anything else? The rug? ( way too small ) The brown/beige seating? All the bedding?

When did this get to be the only color for a wall? If you must do it and you are RE DECORATING ? Try Benjamin Moore Edgecomb, or Benjamin Moore "Collingwood"

There is no way to "test small" Cover everything in there in white drop cloths. Roll a WHOLE WALL.

If you want my advice? Pick an off white. : ) Until ready for more significant changes. Paint is not independent of furnishings. They need to be considered together.

• rnhuber
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I’m renting this furnished room from a friend. I could eventually change some of the furnishings, but not until I know I’ll be staying longer. The wall however needed paint badly and the off-white that was there before was not to my liking. I much prefer medium to light grays in bedrooms. If I find a gray that feels more neutral in here, I will design around it if I stay longer.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

You're renting. .................Your soft furnishings will be a fail with gray. .You're warned. : ) A soft white will be nice with all you have, you will be rid of pea green.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 4 años

Nice room, dark room, one window facing what direction? North or East? If so, you need a gray with a lavender undertone.

B.M. Slip

rnhuber agradeció a JudyG Designs
  • Alicja Guzik
    hace 4 años

How about REPOSE GRAY . I think by S.W. It is Off white with beige and gray together. The most beautiful shade of gray. It is easy to much with whatever you already have.

rnhuber agradeció a Alicja Guzik
  • rnhuber
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

JudyG it’s actually Southwest, but I don’t get much direct sunlight because of a house next door

• rnhuber
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Alicja Repose Gray looks nice. I thing I have the color card around here somewhere. Only thing is I want it a bit darker, and weird undertones show up even more when you go deeper, so that’s the tricky part! I will look at that one more carefully though.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.